Join us for our 6th Annual Fundraiser- Tony's Turkey Trot (5k and 1 mile fun run/walk) on Thanksgiving morning, November 26, 2019, in the beautiful, scenic area of Atlantic Beach, Florida. Voted Folio Weekly's BEST OF THE BEACHES 5k in 2019. Thank you for all of your support! Give back and Give Thanks
THIS EVENT IS PRESENTED BY THE TONY MEDURI TBI FUND INC, a local nonprofit organization founded in 2015.
NEW: with the possibility of social distancing in place due to CV-19, we are asking for your estimated finishing time for the 5k. This will be used if we need to stagger the start times to keep in line with social distancing guidelines. There may also be some other changes necessary to the event so we ask for your patience and understanding but we will do our best to make this the same wonderful experience and event it has been in the past.
- WE ARE LIMITED TO 3500 total participants for the 5k this year- no exceptions
- FOOD VENDORS, FACE PAINTING, PHOTO BOOTH, LIVE MUSIC and MORE (TBD)
- Participate in our Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest- ages 6 -17 (FREE) following (after awards)- limited to 10 participants
- Wear your best Thanksgiving THEME costume- $50 gift card to best dressed participant
RACE PACKET PICK UP:
- WHERE: One Ocean Resort & Spa: 1 Ocean Blvd Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 24 and Wednesday, Nov. 25 from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- WHAT: Supporting TBI (traumatic brain injury) Survivors and Promoting Helmet Safety in Youth Sports
- RACE DAY PICKUP- at race location from 6:45 am-7:45 am. we close promptly at 7:45 am to start the race on time, please be courteous to your fellow runners
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your items before race day, this way we can give you the best possible service and experience!
- You may pick up for other family members but we are not responsible for misplaced bibs or shirts.
- T-shirts may NOT be exchanged for a different size at race packet pick up, sizes not guaranteed after Nov.15th
- PARKING- One Ocean parking is for overnight guests only. We will have spaces reserved in the lot to the right of One Ocean, in front of the Seahorse Oceanfront Inn. The parking attendant will need to see your registration confirmation on your phone or print out. Parking will be free (up to 30 min) for you complete your race packet pickup. Please be courteous of our sponsor and do not park in the hotel unless you plan to patron the hotel.
- Our race course takes you through the most beautiful areas of Atlantic Beach, including the halfway turn (water station) in front of Atlantic Beach Country Club.
- The 5k begins at 8:00 a.m. and the route will start at the intersection of Atlantic & Ocean Blvd, in the heart of the Beaches Town Center!
- RAIN OR SHINE, NO REFUNDS.
- This a fun, family event- strollers are allowed.
- Only registered participants allowed on race course (must be wearing our race bib) to receive a finishers medal.
FUN RUN/WALK INFORMATION
- 1 mile fun run/walk is NOT TIMED
- You will receive a T-shirt & custom finishers medal. *T-shirts & Medal guaranteed up to 500 participants.
- The fun run will begin at 9:15 am based on how quickly the 5k finishes- so get there early!!
- Race day pick ups- we close at 9:00 am, so please get there in time to get your shirt and sponsor goody bag (while supplies last)
- Fun run/walk course is the same first 1/2 mile and turn around as the 5k
- NO RACE DAY SIGN UPS
- RAIN OR SHINE, NO REFUNDS.
PIE EATING CONTEST:
- Open to ages 6-17 years of age
- Contest begins (following awards ceremony), must be preregistered and limited to first 10 participants
- Winner is determined by whomever eats the most pie in 60 seconds with hands behind back and hair pulled back.
- Winner will receive a $25 gift card.
- "link will be placed here"
- Want to be a team? Just need 5 or more members to form.
- TEAMS with 10 or more will need to assign 1 person to pick up for the entire team(unless other arrangements made)
- We will not correct registrations if a participant did not select your team name upon initial registration
- We cannot replace lost or misplaced bibs and shirts
- NEW: TEAM awards:(1) for most participants and (1)first place finisher
Awards Ceremony To be determined- due to CV-19/social distancing
- All registered participants receive a Custom Designed Tony’s Turkey Trot Die Cast Finisher’s 5k Medal
- The Award ceremony will follow the fun run start. AWARDS given to the TOP OVERALL Male/Female, TOP Male/Female MASTER, TOP Male/Female GRANDMASTER for a total of 6. Must be present to receive we will not mail awards.
- Age Group Awards to Top 3 Male/Female in 5 year age groups (9 & under, 10-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & up). BEAUTIFUL Custom Tony's Turkey Trot RIBBON FOR age group WINNERS Must be present to receive we will not mail awards.
- $50 gift card for the best Thanksgiving theme costume will be awarded.
- $5 discount for Active Duty Military
- Children 4 and under are FREE for the 5k -with adult registration (does not include t-shirt)
- BRAIN INJURY SURVIVORS ARE FREE-you still must complete registration
- Must contact race director for discount code- firstname.lastname@example.org or text 904-200-1130
PARKING: As you know, there is limited parking in the area. There is a large parking lot at 500 Atlantic Blvd Neptune Beach, across from McDonald's. Please do NOT park south on Ocean Blvd on Neptune Beach side( near North Beach Fish Camp and Pete's Bar area). You will be blocked in and subject to tow due to their street festival. Atlantic Blvd headed south after East Coast Drive to the Roundabout and Ocean Blvd to Ahern Street will be closed from 6am-11am Thanksgiving morning.
- Your participation in this event will help us raise awareness for traumatic brain injury survivors and help us promote helmet safety in youth sports. Our nonprofit founded n 2015, in honor of retired police officer Tony Meduri, who suffered a traumatic brain injury. In 2011, he was hit by a drugged, uninsured driver while sitting at a red light. After months in the hospital, he required 24/7 care and had to give up his home, love of cars, and life as he once knew it. Tony passed on but we continue the mission to support TBI survivors.
- Your support allowed us to bring the First Camp TBI Jacksonville in May 2019 that directly supported 50 caregivers and their survivors.
- Your support has allowed us to provide financial funding for TBI survivors to attend long term care programs and quality of life support.
- We have also recently launched our Play t Protect it Campaign to help promote helmet safety and concussion prevention in youth sports.
THE FINE PRINT:
- THIS EVENT IS FOR CHARITY AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE IT A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE, please remember we are all volunteers
- Sorry, NO REFUNDS.
- Rain or Shine event ( no vendors will be present if bad weather).
- We cannot refund Runsignup.com processing fees for any reason.
- We cannot exchange t-shirt sizes
- We cannot guarantee t-shirts for registrations after Nov. 21st
- 5k participants must have a bib showing to receive a finishers medal
- Must be present to win or receive an award or prize