Evanston Running Club Cross Country Races at Canal Shores will be held Sunday November 6 2022 in Evanston IL. The event is free to the public and online registration is open to the first 300 entrants through October 31 2022. Runners must register before Oct. 31.
While the race is free to the public, donations to our hosts at Canal Shores Golf Course (donate when entering race through the race website) are encouraged and gratefully received for their hospitality and volunteer support to put on the event.
All runner donations go directly to our hosts at Canal Shores Golf Course a 501 C 3 non-profit organization dedicated to golf, ecology, and community.
The footraces are held on a 5 kilometer course located along Lincoln St. in Evanston that runs through part of Canal Shores Golf Course and neighboring Leahy Park. Races are held at 9AM 10AM and 11AM. The 9AM event is an all-ages public timed fun run for recreational runners and walkers. The 10AM Open race is for competitive individuals and teams (5+ runners) high school age to 39 years old. The 11AM Masters race is for competitive individuals and teams (5+) ages 40+ 50+ 60+ and 70+.NEW FOR 2022--JOHN HENNELLY MEMORIAL TOP FINISHER AWARDS
The late Mr. John Hennelly (1963-2022) was a cross country enthusiast and the original director of this race and in February of 2022 John passed away. John and his friends hosted races in the North Shore area to make cross country racing available to the general public and club teams alike to uphold the unique tradition of this wonderful sport in the magic month of November and this tradition lives on in 2022.
In John's memory top finishers and winning teams will receive the John Hennelly Memorial Top Finisher Awards at 35 minutes past the hour after each race at the finish line area. Awards will we presented and photos/video recorded for winning runners and teams. Winning teams will be shipped awards after team photos are taken at the finish line post race.
While the race is free to the public, donations to our hosts at Canal Shores are encouraged and gratefully accepted. Canal Shores is a non-profit organization that receives no tax dollars to operate.
For more information contact Jim Potts 312-405-6330; email@example.com.
Schedule of Events:
Sunday, November 6th
9:00 AM All Comers 5k
10:00 AM Club/Individual Championship 5k
11:00 AM Masters 5k Championships
Location: Canal Shores Golf Course
1030 Central St, Evanston, IL 60201
Course Map HERE
Evanston Running Club Cross Country Races at Canal Shores
1. Open division and Masters races will be run separately at 10AM and 11AM respectively.
2. Master runners must be 40 years old on the day of the race, 11/6/22. Additional Master’s age group
scoring includes 50+ 60+ and 70+.
3. Teams must submit final team line-ups no later than 60 minutes from race time to finish line official
Bob Geiger or race volunteer Jim Potts @ 312-405-6330.
4. All runners must wear team uniforms, and team uniforms must be consistent in color and design.
Runners may wear any clothes they wish under the team uniform.
5. All runners must wear their assigned race number on the front of their jersey.
6. Stay on the course. If you leave, return to the spot where you left the course and resume running.
7. Scoring will be based on finish place, lowest score wins.
8. It will be a mass start on a clearly marked white line, and finish place will be determined by chip
timing. There is no timing mat at the start, so first chip across the finish mat wins.
9. Teams may be as large as 10 runners. The top four runners will score.
10. Ties will be broken by the finish place of each team’s 5th runner.
11. Co-ed champions will be calculated as follows: 1. After the open and master races are completed,
the top two male and female runners from each club/team will be added together for both the open
and masters races.
12. Low score wins for both masters and open category.
13. RESULTS WILL BE POSTED ONLINE AFTER THE EVENT AS SOON AS POSSBILE. Team pictures
will be taken at the finish line immediately following the race. Team awards will include the team
pictures and will be shipped post event.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.