Jonesboro, IL US 62952
The ladies of Union County Women in Business are inviting you to "Explore Your Neighborhood" through our 2nd annual virtual marathon!
Run, walk, hike, or treadmill 26.2 miles, and we'll mail you a commemorative t-shirt.
During these unprecedented times, we need to come together as a kind and loving community more than ever. We need to support our local businesses and each other. If able, run or walk along routes to your favorite boutiques or restaurants. Stop for a well deserved coffee halfway through your daily run. Hop on the treadmill at your local fitness center. It's "a beautiful day in the neighborhood" to get your blood pumping and shed those quarantine pounds while shopping local!
- Timeframe: April 17th - May 16th, 2021
- Distance: Run🏃🏼♀️ , walk, 🏊♀️ swim, bike🚴🏼♀️, hike, or treadmill 26.2 miles. You can spread the miles out over days, or get it done in one single run/walk/hike. That's about a mile a day. We have adopted the honor system and will not require you to turn in your miles. As long as you've said you’ve accumulated 26.2 miles by May 16th, you're good to go!
- Sign-up: Registration will be open March 17 - May 16 @ 7am. To guarantee a t-shirt, please sign up by May 8th.
- Race Benefits: Proceeds and donations will go towards UCWIB Scholarship Fund and Union County Locally First Initiative. Our scholarship fund provides several local high school seniors scholarships toward future business endevors. Locally First is an initiative created by UCWIB to help promote shopping locally to keep money in the county and support local businesses.
- T-shirts: T-shirts will be mailed out May 23rd - May 29th to the best of our ability. Please be patient with us. 😊 T-shirts will be 100% cotton and may shrink upon washing. Please take that into account when deciding on size.
- Social Sharing: We have the discussion section of this event open to everyone to post in Facebook. Please post and share preparation photos, local businesses visited, routes taken, and your final "Completion Day" of your virtural marathon. Feel free to keep sharing photos after receiving your commemorative t-shirt, especially if taken in front of a local business you just visited. Don't forget to tell us where and what town/state you're in! We encourage the use of #ExploreYourNeighborhood2021, #UCWIB, and #LocallyFirst. Have fun!
- Who Can Participate?: Everyone! Woman, man, or child... toddler to 100+ years old... No matter what neighborhood you reside in, sign up!
Since many states are starting to open up through phases, now's the time to get out and support one another. Please follow the CDC and your local state guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic regarding social distancing and the limitation of group gatherings.
- Pricing: Adults $35 and Kids $25. Price includes a commemorative shirt, shipping, and your dedication to supporting your neighborhood!
So, "won't you be my neighbor?". Sign up and support yours today!
“There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind." — Mr. Rogers
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.