Firecracker 5K, Saturday, July 4th, 2020 Start: 6:30 am - 7:30 am - Front Street Civic Center, 2205 Front St., Melbourne, FL 32901
- Finisher Medals
- Red, white & blue popsicles to all finishers
- Special Awards to top 3 Local Heroes (Military/Fire/Police)!
- Light Breakfast from Bagel 13!
- FREE BEER (21 & Older)
- Benefits Palm Bay Magnet High School JROTC
- Random Giveaway $500 VISA Card to Fuel your Great American Road Trip!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ: In these early stages restarting races, we are taking a more conservative approach. While race morning will be a little different from what you are used to, the new protocols will help to facilitate a safer event on race morning. Below are some of the changes for this year’s Firecracker 5k:
- No race day registration or packet pickup. Please pick up your packet prior to race morning at Running Zone from Tuesday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Please continue to practice social distance guidelines throughout the morning as much as possible.
- We are encouraging participants to wear a mask/buff at the start of the race and after the race at the race site. This is not required but recommended.
- Please stay in your vehicles and wait until a few minutes prior to your assigned start time.
- Start Times will be assigned based on your estimated 5K finishing time from 6:30 am until 7:30 am. Starting times will be automatically assigned during registration. If you want to start with another family member or friend, please show up with either of the assigned start times and we will get both of you started together.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own fluids during the race. We will have small 8 oz bottled waters at one aid station on the course, but we highly recommend bringing your own fluids. We will also have 12 oz bottled water at the race site after you finish.
- Your Firecracker 5K finisher medal will be distributed to you during packet pickup. This will help facilitate moving more quickly through the finish line.
- No awards ceremony this year – awards can be picked up at Running Zone starting Sunday, July 5th during normal business hours.
- All results will be posted online throughout the morning. Please visit Runningzone.com for all results.
- All awards will now be based on ‘net’ time. Since we are basically doing a time trial type of start, all overall and age group awards will be based on ‘net’ time.
- We will be serving canned beer after the race, pre-wrapped bagels from Bagel 13 and pre-wrapped red, white and blue popsicles.
Getting approval for this year’s race was contingent upon the above safety guidelines and protocols. We ask everyone’s cooperation to comply with these guidelines. We now have a chance to facilitate one of the first ways that our community can start to feel we are on the road to recovery, and at the same time celebrate the 4th of July in a healthy, active way. Thank you for your cooperation.
Detailed parking will be given out in the last minute instructions email the week of the race.
There is NO PARKING ALLOWED in the Front Street Parking lot boat ramp!
Our series races provide participants with an exceptional experience including:
Series awards of $10,000 in prizes & gift cards
Split clocks at each mile and directional markers
1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, 200 meters & 100 meters signs to finish line
Electronic timing with immediate results
Electronic Finisher certificates
Special appearance by Zippy, our gecko mascot
Free hi-res photos at the finish line
Unique race themed awards
NEW! Finisher medals at all 2020 - 2021 Race Series events and by completing all events a Finisher Beach Towel! (See more information on our Series Page). All events have a virtual option. Participation and submission of results maintain eligibility for 7 Race Series Finisher Beach Towel.
Fees (Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.)
Individual Registration: $30.00
Kid’s Registration: $15.00
- $5 OFF for No-shirt option!