In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Once we have met our participant cap for each of the live events, we have set up a waitlist for participants who would like to register but were closed out.
Once each of the three live events is sold out, you can still register to be placed on a waiting list. You will not be charged for the event unless a spot opens up and you accept it.You can check your waitlist status at any time from your Runsignup account. You should also check your e-mail often (incluing your spam folder!) If a spot opens up and you are next in line, you will be sent an e-mail with directions on how to complete your registration. You have 48 hours to accept this registration. After that time, you forfeit your spot on the waitlist and an e-mail will be sent to the next in line.
If you are registered for one of the live events and you are no longer able to attend, you MAY be entitled to a refund (less the original processing fees) IF someone on the waiting list claims your spot. Giving up your spot is not only beneficial to you (normally there would not be a refund if you cannot attend) but it is ALSO beneficial to your fellow running community in that someone who is able to run that morning will not miss out. The deadline for giving up your bib is 11:59 PM Eastern on Thursday, June 10, 2021. After that time if you cannot attend, it is recommended that you transfer to the virtual event, but refunds will no longer be issued under any circumstances.
These two screens will show you where to click and what you will see in order to give up your spot for someone on the waitlist:
Click "Refund Policy" and then "Request Refund." On the next screen, click "Give Up My Bib." If you're logged into RunSignup, it should automatically pull up your current registration to give up. Follow the instructions thereafter.
Certified 5 kilometer course on the paths of Heckscher State Park, East Islip. Enjoy stunning views of the Great South Bay with Fire Island as the backdrop.
50K starts at 8:00am; 25K starts at 8:05am, Race Course officially closes at 3:00 PM (7 hours max.)
Your 26.2 mile split in the 50K will be a 2022 Boston Qualifier, but ONLY if you complete the full 50K distance.
Sanctioned by USATF
Numbers and shirts can be picked up at Sayville Running Company at 49 Main Street Sayville, NY 11782 from Noon to 5:00 pm on Saturday, June 12, 2021.
Pick up is also available on Sunday, June 13, 2021 from 6:45 am - 7:45 AM at Heckscher State Park in the tent near the start and finish at Field 4.
Please Keep Your Bib# Clearly Visible on your front torso!
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.
Quality men's and women's short-sleeved shirts for all entrants. Medals to all finishers.
You get FREE Photos which will be uploaded to RunSIgnup with your results. You can search for your photos by bib# or name. Just click on the photos tab above.
One Station per loop providing water, sports drink and food snacks. Second aid station (fluids only) at the halfway point of each loop.
50K Championship Cash Prizes – $500; $150; $100 for top three Male and Female Open and Masters finishers.
$100 CASH PRIZE for the first male and first female Long Island resident (Nassau or Suffolk) to finish the 50K!
No duplication of Cash Awards, except Course and National Record Bonus Awards.
Medals to top ten OA Male and Female USATF finishers to top three in five year age groups over 40, USATF members only.
$1,000 Bonus if the first male 50K finisher breaks Tyler Jermann's race record of
2:48:56 or if the first 50K female finisher breaks Emily Harrison’s race record of 3:15:00. $1500 bonus if the first male 50K finisher breaks Josh Cox’s USATF National 50K record of 2:43:45 or if the first female 50K finisher breaks Janice Klecker’s USATF National 50K record of 3:13:51.
YOU MUST BE A USATF MEMBER AND A UNITED STATES CITIZEN TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CASH AWARD!
25K AWARDS: $100 Gift Certificates courtesy of Sayville-Smithtown Running Company to the top five male & female finishers Overall. Awards to top Male & Female Overall and top three Male & Female finishers in 5 year age groups.
Athletes who participate in National Championships and Team USA competitions are subject to drug testing performed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) in accordance with the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing.
NOTE: Athletes may be subject to Drug Testing in accordance with USATF rules and IAAF Rule 144.
Participants in the 50K (non-championship race) are not eligible for any awards but will receive a finishers medal.
If you would like to participate in the Championship 50K, you must be a USATF member with a current membership. You can register here
Come dressed to run. Bathrooms at start/finish area and midpoint of loop available for duration of run.
****NYS regulations do not permit pets in State Parks!***
Welcome to the 17th Annual Caumsett at Heckscher State Park 50K Championship & GLIRC 25K Run!!
Thanks for your registration! We hope you are all looking forward to a great day of running in beautiful Heckscher State Park on Sunday, June 13. The current weather forecast for that morning is partly cloudy with temps in the low 70s.
We are following the current COVID-19 protocols outlined to us by NYS Parks, and they are following current CDC guidelines. Those who are unvaccinated should be wearing a mask any time they are not running. If you are vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask outside.
Before we outline the instructions, we want you to be aware that we are hosting this event during a time of year when parking fees are being collected by NYS Parks. When you enter the Park, please tell the attendant at the toll booth that you are with the 50 Kilometer/25 Kilometer Run. Your entry into the Park is, of course, free but State Parks personnel need to keep a count of how many participants from the Run enter the Park, and they will be charging the Club $8 per car. Needless to say, if you have a State Parks Empire Pass, please use that. If you arrive at the Park before 7:00 AM, there is no applicable fee.
Participant instructions are outlined below - these instructions are lengthy and detailed, but we ask that you carefully read all of them for a smooth and safe racing experience:
1) For those coming in from New York City, we will be picking up race participants at the Central Islip Train station race morning at the train arriving at 5:58am. The train originates from Penn Station at 4:41am. It's about a 15 minute ride from the train station to the Park.
TRAIN PICKUP: We have only heard from one participant who needs to be picked up. If you need a ride and have not communicated that with us, please e-mail us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) The host hotel is Marriott by Courtyard located in Central Islip. Again, please let us know if you will be requiring transportation by emailing us at email@example.com. We have sent out several notifications and have not yet heard back from all hotel guests about their transportation arrangements. If you need a ride and have not communicate that with us, please e-mail us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) BIB PICKUP: Numbers and shirts can be picked up Saturday, June 12, 2021 at Sayville Running Company located at 49 Main Street Sayville, NY 11782 from Noon to 5:00 pm.
Pick up is also available on Sunday, June 13, 2021 from 6:45 am - 7:45 am at Heckscher State Park near the start and finish at Field 4.
4) Parking is in Field 4. Please follow the signs.
5) Porta potties: there will be 2 located at start/finish area and 1 at the water stop just past the marathon mark. All of the public bathrooms are open with two locations near the start.
6) The course is a 5K loop. The 25K is made up of 5 loops and the 50K is 10 loops. There is an aid station at the end of every 5K loop with water, Gatorade, soda, GU gels, bananas, potato chips, pretzels, trail mix, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. There is also an aid station at the halfway point with fluids only.
If you would like access to your OWN hydration and nutrition and you are part of the 50K National Championship, there will be designated tables provided for you.
If you are participating in the 50K National Championship and you wish for someone else to hand you your own hydration and nutrition, in accordance with the USATF regulations, this exchange MUST take place at the table designated for this. Outside assistance elsewhere on the course will lead you to be disqualified from the race.
7) If you are signed up for the 50K distance, please check your registration that you are signed up for the correct 50K race and that your USATF status is correct. 50K Championship requires a USATF membership and is eligible for cash awards. 50K race does not require membership, and finishers are not eligible for age group or cash awards.
8) There will be a table in the tent to sign up for USATF prior to the race for an annual membership fee of $40 (cash or check only). If you are competing in the 50K National Championship you MUST be a USATF member.
9) All bib numbers for all participants of each event must be visible at all times.
10) Those in the 50K Championship race MUST wear a back bib indicating their age group and must be worn at all times. It is the runner's responsibility to make sure they have this bib.
11) The 50K starts at 8:00AM and the 25K starts at 8:05AM. Both are in the same location.
12) Awards will be given out as soon as practicable during the race.
13) Runners in the 50K may use their marathon split time as a Boston qualifier, but ONLY if they complete the full 50K race. There will be a mat and clock at the marathon mark and each time you cross the mat your time will be recorded.
14) Athletes who participate in National Championships and Team USA competitions are subject to drug testing performed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) in accordance with the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing.
15) Temperatures are expected to be in the low to mid 70s this year, so please dress accordingly. We strongly recommend bringing your own fluids as a supplement to what will be provided.
16) This race is being held in June as opposed to the usual March date. As such, we ask that you are extremely mindful of your surroundings, as there will be more activity in the park with traffic and recreational park users. Be advised that the park is open for public use, and that there may be bicycles, skateboards, and pedestrians on the path who are not part of our event. Please be courteous to those around you and pass with care. At road crossings there will be volunteers to guide you, but please cross with care and be on the lookout for approaching vehicles.
For your safety and those around you, the usage of headphones during this event is strongly discouraged for ALL participants, and for those running in the 50K National Championship, headphone usage is PROHIBITED and grounds for disqualification in accordance with USATF regulations.
17) The course will close for both races at 3:00PM. If you choose to keep running, you will be permitted to finish so long as the park remains open, however you will be self-supported and will not receive a finishing time or medal after 3:00 PM.
18) When you finish your race, there will be refreshments provided for your enjoyment. A selection of heroes (including vegetarian and vegan options!), soda, chips, and sweets generously donated by All Round Foods will help you refuel.
17) NYS regulations DO NOT permit pets in State Parks!
We will be following all COVID-19 pandemic protocols that are current on June 13 with New York State and USATF, and will be advising all participants as to the details of these protocols as part of the Final Participant Instructions that will be sent to all participants in early June.
(Updated above on 6/11/21)
Provided by SRC Timing Services.
We will be picking up race participants at the Central Islip Train station race morning - train schedule TBD.
If you are coming from out of town and plan to stay in the host hotel for the race,, the host hotel is the Courthouse Complex Courtyard Marriott located at 11 Court House Drive Central Islip, NY 11722.
Please note that the rate of $179 is only good for reservations made through midnight on May 20, 2021. After this date the price will go up to their standard room rate.
In order to make a reservation click HERE or please call 631-582-2100 and use code USA to get the reduced rate. The rate is good for up to 3 nights from Friday June 11th through Monday June 14th.
If you are registered for the live race but would like to transfer to the virtual race, this option is available through 11:59pm on Saturday, June 12th. If you cannot run the live event for ANY reason, switch to the virtual event so that your race giveaway will be automatically mailed to you once the virtual race period has ended on June 20.
To do this please see the instructions here.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
GLIRC produces and manages 30+ quality events annually!
Visit www.GLIRC.org to see our full event listing and learn about membership benefits including discounts, training tips, and GLIRC's monthly magazine, Long Island Footnotes.
Take Southern State Parkway East to Heckscher State Parkway. Parking will be in Parking Field 4 by the start and finish, with additional parking in Parking Field 1.
Click on the map below to get directions.
1 Heckscher State Parkway, Field 4, East Islip, NY 11730Open in External Application
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.