In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The 2020 ORRC Dual Duel is a Virtual event this year!
It takes place Saturday, October 10th through Sunday, November 1st. Participating in the event is super easy! You can register for either the classic 10 Mile Partner Relay or a 10 Mile Solo Run. It's just like the in-person race except it is virtual!
In the 10 Mile Partner Relay, you must run or walk a lapped course and handoff to your partner each lap so each participant does approximately 5 miles. After the run, you will report your times on a web form.
In the 10 Mile Solo Run, you do 10 miles solo but it must be a lapped course. For example, 10 1 Mile identical loops in your neighborhood or you can do 10 miles on a track to keep the traditional Dual Duel format as much as possible. See below for more rules:
● There will be two classifications. 10 Mile Solo Run and 10 Mile Partner Relay.
● Participants choose their own course but it must be a lap course. For example, a loop in a neighborhood or a lap around a track.
● 10 Mile Relay Guidelines are as follows:
● The race will take place between October 10th and November 1st. The race will close for both entries and reporting results at 11:59pm on Sunday, November 1st.
● Awards, results, and swag will be mailed out during the week of November 1st.
● Each participant will receive a Dual Duel Keychain wallet.
● The cost will be $20 per runner. A $10 discount will apply to ORRC members.
● No meet records are at risk this year.
● Times will be reported to Huber Timing. We are on the Honor System. Please be honest.
Next year (2021) will mark the 50th running of the Dual Duel. We will make it a great event. 2022 will mark the 50th anniversary. It will be memorable.
Q: For the Solo 10k Run, Can I just go for a 10 mile run and have it count?
A: You need to run in consecutive laps of a measured course, so 10-laps of a 1-mile course would be acceptable.
Q: Can my partner and me simply run together for our 5-miles and then double our time?
A: Traditionally, Dual Duel requires you to run a lap, and then rest a lap. You could run together, provided that after each lap, you rest for the same time you ran the previous lap. You would not need to double your time if done this way.
Q: Do we need to pass a baton or token of some kind when we exchange?
A: That’s a nice idea, but not required.
Q: WIll the Dual Duel return to Catlin Gable or one of our traditional venues in 2021?
A: While We’d love to say yes...It’s 2020. Who the heck know what will happen in a year!
Q: Are the wallet’s the same ones we received if we ran in 2018?
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Additional race information can be found at http://orrc.net/events/event-list/dual-duel-10-mile-track-relay-10k-solo-and-kids-run/.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.