Pima County Parks and Recreation and The Loop have granted the RAT permission to run with the following rules:
- We use wave starts - one runner will go off every 30 seconds starting with the fastest teams. This is the opposite of what we had planned, but in order to maintain social distancing at the start/finish and exchanges, this will be the format for 2021.
- Only the runner on deck (ready to run) will be allowed at the start or on deck (waiting to start) at an exchange. All other teammates must remain at a distance and/or in their car. (You are free to cheer for your teammates along the course, but it cannot be at an exchange. If you do stop to cheer, remember to wear your mask and maintain social distancing from anyone NOT on your team. We highly recommend you use the RaceJoy App to track your teammates and send cheers.)
- ANYONE NOT RUNNING must wear a mask
- ANYONE NOT RUNNING must maintain social distancing from people NOT on their team
- Individual water bottles only (no coolers for refilling hand-held bottles). The exchanges will have two small water bottles per team - one for the runner starting (if they need it) and one for the runner finishing. If you take a bottle at an exchange YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE to carry that bottle with you on your run or dispose of it before/after your run. You cannot leave it for event staff to clean up. If you need more than that, please coordinate with your team for additional water.
- The start/finish line and all exchanges be stocked with hand sanitizer
- No exchanging of a baton or slap bracelet. Each team will still be given a slap bracelet, but it's not to be used during the race.
- No beer garden or food trucks at the finish line. HOWEVER, we will provide each runner with a pre-packaged meal to take after their team is done.
- When a team is done, they grab their food and go. No team can remain at the start/finish line once they are done. HOWEVER, the event has the entire Hay Barn area - corrals and parking lots- all the way from The Loop north to the entrance of the park. You can bring chairs and sit at a social distance and enjoy your meal as a team within these areas. (Signs will be posted where you can sit.)