Skip to main content

Kappa Delta Shamrock 2022

Sun April 3, 2022 Huntsville, AL 35806 US Directions

Place

518 Fraternity and Sorority Row
Huntsville, AL US 35806

Description

You have an incredible opportunity to make a lasting impact on America’s future by standing with Kappa Delta Sorority to promote the well-being of children in Alabama and across the country. The University of Alabama in Huntsville Kappa Delta Sorority chapter will raise money for the prevention of child abuse through the local National Children’s Advocacy Center and Prevent Child Abuse America. We will be hosting a Superhero themed 5k that will help raise money for these causes. 

Most children are raised in stable, nurturing environments. However, many children suffer from child abuse and neglect. This trauma causes severe stress and undermines their development. Last year, more than 1,000 new cases of child abuse were reported in our county alone. The National Children’s Advocacy Center handled each of these cases and took on the financial cost of each one. For each of these cases, the NCAC paid approximately $5,000 from initial disclosure of abuse through prosecution.

Our goal is to raise $15,000 for the prevention of child abuse. We are holding this event so we can donate 80 percent of our proceeds to our community to fund the incredible work being done by the National Children’s Advocacy Center. The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America, the leading advocate for preventing child abuse and neglect among our nation’s children since 1972. Since adopting child abuse prevention as a national philanthropy in 1983, Kappa Delta has raised more than $15 million nationally for this important cause. With your help, we can continue to make an impact on the lives of children in our community and nationwide. 


Join us for the 22nd Annual Shamrock event - the Superhero 5K! It will be a blast that ends with a festival. We will have food vendors, raffles, games, and much more. We cannot wait to see you! 

Race Check-In begins at 3pm at 518 Fraternity and Sorority Row, where participants may pick up their race bib and t-shirt. T-shirt pick-up on race day is not guaranteed after March 28th, but you will be notified when your shirt is available for pick-up!

Race Contact Info

If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.

Directions

Race Participant Survey

Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.

Did you participate in the race?

Would you recommend this race to a friend?

If you continue to use this site, you consent to use all cookies. We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Read how we use cookies and how you can control them by visiting our Privacy Policy.

If you continue to use this site, you consent to use all cookies.