On line registration is now closed. You can sign up in person today, Saturday from 5:00-6:00 PM or Sunday, from 5:30-6:00 AM in front of the Marina Bar and Grill 5879 Marina Rd.
The Discovery Bay Community Foundation is having its next
Big Bass Fishing Tournament
on Sunday, August 27th, 2023.
Register now for a family fun day with great payouts!
This unique fishing tournament is meant for every family to enjoy a day out of the house, in the boat, and working together to win some prizes and prize money.
Payouts and fun gifts will be held in front of the Marina Bar & Grill following the tournament at 1:30 PM
This activity is one of the DBCF Youth & Teen Outreach Programs made possible by generous community donations and fundraising events.
Boat owners only need to register themselves - no need to register all participants on the boat
Check-in will be on
Saturday, Aug 26th from 5:00-6:00 PM
Sunday, Aug 27th from 5:30-6:00 AM
in front of the Marina Bar and Grill, 5879 Marina Rd., Discovery Bay.
Register now for a family fun day with great payouts !
All boats will be allowed to fish in Discovery Bays 32 bays and all waters
only in Contra Costa County. Payouts and raffles will be held in front of the
Boardwalk Grill following the tournament at 2:30 PM.
Weigh-in station will be at 90 Discovery Bay Blvd. Across from the lighthouse.
All boats must weigh-in between 11:30-12:00 pm at 90 Discovery Blvd.
Have your fenders and lines ready prior to docking for weigh in !!!
Same day sign up's must bring $100 CASH !!
Discovery Bay, CA US 94505
Additional tournament information can be found at https://www.dbcf.info/bassderby.html.
Tournament Contact Info
If you have any questions about this tournament, click the button below.
DISCOVERY BAY COMMUNITY FOUNATION
BIG BASS FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES
TOURNAMENT HOURS 6:00AM-12:00 PM
A. ELIGIBILITY FOR TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATION –
Persons entering this DBCF Bass tournament must meet the following requirements:
1. No more than six people in a boat at once.
2. Everyone 16 yrs and older must have a fishing license.
3. If there are three children and two are under 12 yrs old there must be two adults on board.
4. It is DBCF policy that all boaters must maintain up to date insurance.
5. Every person operating a boat under 45 yrs old must have a California boating card.
B. ENTRY FEE
1. Entry fee for this tournament is $100 per boat with up to six passengers.
C. TOURNAMENT FISHING HOURS & STARTING PROCEDURES
Types of Bass to be caught are: Black Bass which includes Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted
and Redeye bass. You must check in prior to the event to get your boat number, rules
or any other final information that may be needed.
1. Check in: Saturday, Aug 26th at the Marina Bar & Grill 5:00-6:00 PM.
Or 6:30-7:00AM on Sunday Aug 27th at the Marina Bar & Grill, 5879 Marina Rd. Discovery Bay.
2. Fishing tournament hours will be from 6:00AM-12:00 PM.
1. Weigh-in station will be at 90 Discovery Bay Blvd. between 11:30-12:00 PM. Across from the lighthouse.
2. This is a catch and release tournament. All bass MUST be released back into the delta at the weigh in station, no exceptions.
E. “OUT-OF-BOUNDS” AREA
1. You may fish in all 32 bays in Discovery Bay and all waters in the Contra Costa County Limits.
1. Every child 12 yrs and under MUST wear a coast guard approved life vest.
2. Each person on board is strongly urged to wear a coast guard approved life vest.
3. Every contestant must provide their own life vest for each person on board.
4. Every boat and driver must comply with all US Coast Guard rules and regulations.
5. It is incumbent for every boating operator to know the ABCs of CA boating.
6. Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during tournament hours.
1. Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected of each boat.
2. You must aid any boater that has mechanical or safety issues.
H. TACKLE EQUIPMENT
1. Only artificial lures may be used. No live bait.
2. All Boats must have live wells with aerators. ( A cooler and a $10 aerator will do)
There will be prize money for the first, second and third place in the following categories.
You can only keep five fish at weigh in for prize monies.
1. Heaviest Fish
2. Total weight of five fish that adults catch. You can NOT use the Jr fish for your weigh in.
Junior Fishing Scoring- Age 16 and under.
All Jr. entries must cast and catch their own fish without any help from anyone
else in the boat except for netting the fish to bring on board. We are counting on the honesty
from all members in the boat. You may not combine any other fish in the boat and can ONLY
use this one fish for the Jr weigh in. This fish cannot be used for the adult catch and release.
Jr Payout 1st place -$100, 2nd place - $75 and 3rd place-$50 for heaviest fish.
Payouts will be held in front of the Boardwalk Grill at 2:30.
50% of the total registration fees will go back to the DBCF to benefit our kids and community.
50 % of registration fees will go to prize money for first, second, and third place winners.
This is just an Example:
“If we had 100 boats” = $10,000 total purse.
$5000 will go back to the DBCF to benefit our kids and community.
$5000 will go to prize money to the top three winners in both categories.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your tournament experience.