In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
1. What is a skunk ape? The skunk ape, also known as the Florida bigfoot, swamp ape and swampsquatch is a humanoid creature said to inhabit the swamps of the Southeastern US states. Reports from Florida are most common.
It is named for its large and hairy appearance. People report seeing it walking upright through marshes, cypress hammocks and swampy areas. The skunk ape is said to be able to move very quickly through dense swamp areas and accounts also claim that it is accompanied by an unpleasant odor.
Tracking down the Skunk Ape is serious business. There are field guides, photos and videos of alleged sightings an even a Skunk Ape Research Center where you can learn more about the legendary creatures.
Historically Native American tribes reported seeing the skunk ape even before European settlers arrived. They believed he was the protector of the woods and environment, and that he chases away those who would damage the forests.
Our Monroe is a fun loving and friendly guy. He is also very fast and kinda shy. Keep your eyes out for him as you run the trails of Central Florida!!
2. Is this race on roads or trails? Race courses are on pavement. They are primarily on the paved multi-use Spring to Spring and East Central Regional trails but also cover a few roads and parks.
3. Is the course certified? Yes, the full marathon course is USATF certified. The certification code is FL19055TY
4. Are strollers permitted on course? Yes, strollers are permitted. Please start at the back of the pack, stay to the right and be courteous of your fellow runners/walkers.
5. Can I give someone my bib? Yes. You may transfer your bib to someone else. To do this the registered runner must initiate the transfer to another runner by logging into their RunSignUp account -- Go to My Registered Races -- Select your Central Florida Legends registration --Select Manage Registration and follow steps for bib exchange. You will need the new runners email address. A link to complete the sign up process will be sent to the new runner to complete. Transfers must be completed by Wednesday November 20th at 11:59pm
6. Can I change events? drop to the half marathon or 5K? Yes. To do this log onto your RunSignUp account -- Go to My Registered Races -- Select your Central Florida Legends registration --Select Manage Registration and follow steps for event transfer. Transfers must be completed by Wednesday November 20th at 11:59pm
7. Can I switch to the virtual race? Yes, If you are registered for the on site run and need to switch to virtual you may do so before registration closes on Wednesday November 20th at midnight. To do this log into your runsignup account, go to your profile, choose Lighthouse Loop from you upcoming races, select manage registration.
8. I am registered but cannot run. Can I get a refund? No. No refunds are available. If you cannot run your options are to transfer your bib to another runner, drop down to an event you can manage, switch to the virtual event (see questions 5, 6 and 7 above)or defer. You may defer your registration online before midnight November 10th only. To do this log onto your RunSignUp account -- Go to My Registered Races -- Select your Central Florida Legends registration --Select Manage Registration and follow steps for deferral
9. How many water stops will be on the full marathon/half marathon/5K courses? There are 10 water stops on the full marathon course runners will go past each 2X so effectively 20 water stops. There are 5 water stops on the half marathon course which runners will go past 2X so effectively 10 water stops. The 5K will have 1 water stop that you will hit at Mile 1 and again at Mile 2.
10. What are the course cut off times? The full marathon course will be open from 6:30am-2pm. The half marathon route travels the same route and will also be open until 1pm. Runners may continue past cut off time but be aware that volunteers will be release and support may not be available
11. Will bag drop be offered? No, due to COVID restrictions there will be no bag drop this year.
12. Am I required to wear a mask? What are the COVID policies and procedures? There are a number of changes, new procedures and polices in place due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please read through our policies and procedures to see all of these changes. COVID Policies and Procedures Page