In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.chrhealth.org/steam-train-half-marathon/.
There's a chill in the air and that can only mean one thing... It's time to Fall In Love With Fitness with 13.1 challenges to help you keep fitness front and center. Plus, the Fall In Love With Fitness marks the official kick-off for CHR’s Steam Train Half Marathon on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
The Fall In Love With Fitness Challenge, starts Monday, Nov. 15, and runs through Nov. 28 to get you through the Thanksgiving celebration. You will log each completed task into Run Signup and earn a custom badge for each challenge you finish as well as score some great swag! These activities are fun and challenging and designed to keep you motivated! Join the private Facebook Group and share updates and pics as you complete challenges.
This challenge is FREE with a suggested donation of $35. Please click this link to make your donation today. Funds raised support Community Health Resources (CHR), a leading behavioral health nonprofit in Connecticut that helps thousands of children, families, and adults find Real Hope for the challenges for Real Life. To learn more visit www.chrhealth.org.
Here are The Challenges!
1) Best Buddies: Join a friend for a run or walk of at least 30 minutes.
2) Early Bird: Go for a run or walk of at least 30 minutes first thing in the morning.
3) Counting Sheep: Set a sleep goal such as getting 8 hours of sleep or being in bed before 10 pm and hitting it at least 7 times.
4) Pumpkin Spice: Take a picture of the biggest pumpkin you can find while out on a 30 min run or walk. Post it in the Facebook Group for bragging rights! Can you find the biggest one?
5) Wild Card: Your Choice!!! Pick an activity that gets you moving and give it a go for at least 30 minutes. Go for a bike ride, do some yoga, dance, play basketball, whatever you like!!
6) StairMaster: Go for a run or walk of at least 30 minutes that utilize stairs? How many stairs can you climb?
7) Chef: Try a new, healthy meal to help fuel your fitness. Loved the recipe? Share it in the Facebook Group and help others find some great healthy meals!
8) Leaf Peeping: Go for a 30 min run or walk that has an amazing view
9) Support Local: Walk to a local business like a coffee shop or locally-owned store and show some love!
10) Go Bump In The Night: Go for a run or walk of at least 30 minutes after sunset.
11) Turkey Trot: Go out for a 30 Min walk or run on Thanksgiving!!
12) Black Friday: Avoid the crowds!! Spend 30 minutes out in nature! Go for a hike or simply sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.
13) 'Tis The Season: Take a picture of some holiday decorations on a run or walk that's at least 30 minutes. Share the photo with the Facebook Group!
0.1) Just a Little More: Post on the Facebook Page about the challenge. What was your favorite challenge? What proved to be the trickiest?
Your swag box can be picked up at CHR's Corporate Office anytime between November 15th - 19th or November 29th - Dec. 3rd. Please contact Laurie Nobilski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maureen McGuire at email@example.com to reserve a pickup time.
2 Waterside Crossing,
Windsor, CT 06095
Don't forget to follow the Steam Train Half Marathon & Relay Facebook page for helpful training and fitness tips to stay in shape and or to prepare for the upcoming race!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.