Join us for the first ever Bryan County Safety day 5k bringing awareness to Opiod Addiction and prevention. The course will run from Devaul Henderson Park through the local neighborhoods starting at 9a to finish by the start of the festival opening ceremonies.
How can you participate?
Packet Pickup at Georgia Game Changers from 10 to 7 Friday prior to the race and at Henderson Park event day 8am to 8:45am.
FIRE - POLICE -HELICOPTERS - EMS will all be onsite showing off their gear and sharing what they do and how they do it with the community.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
FIRE TRUCK PULL
A one-day event with teams competing to pull a fully loaded fire truck weighing 74,000 lbs. It's the ultimate tug-of-war challenge and a great team building event. This event will also feature family attractions and fire safety displays/demonstrations. Free admission. The Truck Pull will start at 12:00 p.m. (noon).
The cause is to raise awareness for the opioid epidemic, and the proceeds from the event go to support efforts to fight the epidemic in Bryan County and the purchase of a new LUCUS chest compression device and Naloxone for Bryan County Emergency Services.
Each team will consist of a maximum of 15 people. All participants must sign a waiver of liability. Each team donates at least $150.00 to compete.
THE FASTEST PULL
Team members will line up on the rope attached to the fire truck. The official starter will signal when to start the pull. After the team pulls the fire engine 50 feet, or five (5) minutes has elapsed, the stopwatch will stop. Elapsed time will be recorded as the team score. The team that completes this task in the least amount of time wins the "Fastest Team Pull" trophy.
2020 Public Safety Day Truck Pull Rules
1. Each team must be made up of no more than 15 team members.
2. The pull is to be 50 feet.
3. All participants must have on gloves to compete (teams must bring their own gloves).
4. The winning team is based solely on time.
5. All participants must have a signed waiver submitted with team registration.
6. Each team captain will be responsible for the submission of all registration paperwork.
7. Registration must be turned in along with fee and all needed documentation.
8. There will be a rain date set just in case.
9. In the event that a team member cannot participate, the team captain may appoint an alternate team member so long as the alternate team member completes a waiver.
10. Recruitment of team members from other teams on the day of the event is not permitted.
11. Teams may position their pullers on the rope in any order but may not tie the rope around the anchor puller.
12. Rope attachments such as Velcro are not permitted.
13. Pullers may remove slack from rope but may not start pulling until signaled by official.
14. Timing begins at the sound of the horn or whistle and continues until the truck is pulled 50 feet or the 5-minute time has elapsed. Elapsed time will be recorded as the teams score.
15. The official will signal the end of pull and truck brakes will be applied.
16. Gloves and shoes are required but flip flops are not permitted.
17. Teams will use rope and rigging provided, no alternatives permitted.
18. Upon completion of the pull, each team will immediately assemble in front of truck for a photo.
19. Awards ceremony will immediately follow the close of the event.
20. The decision of the judges are final.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
To register yourself and your team for the Fire Truck Pull, complete the "Team Registration Form.” Please have each individual who is participating complete an "Individual Registration/Pledge Form" and sign the release and waiver of liability form. Register your team before May 2, 2020. Registration must include the minimum $150.00 team registration fee. Additional funds collected can be turned in on the day of the event. Otherwise, team registrations are due by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the event.
Completed registration forms, signed waivers and pledges/registration fees can be mailed or dropped off to Bryan County Emergency Services 15759 Hwy 144. You can reserve your spot by signing up on Runsignup.com.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.