The Willow Creek 5K rallies our church and community together around global initiatives that make a lasting difference in our world. This year, we will be running and walking together to help bring relief of the devastating impact of COVID in the areas of health, hunger, and education for our partners in Latin America, Africa, Middle East, and Asia.
Our goal is to put on a fun and competitive 5K in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines. Please review the guidelines we have in place.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration.
• Early pickup is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place Thursday 4/22 from 5-7pm and Friday 4/23 from 5-7pm at the D entrance at Willow Creek South Barrington.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time to arrive on campus for the 5K. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time (beginning at 9:00AM) that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before your designated time.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• There will be no age group awards given out for the race.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
Virtual Runners - Submitting Your Result
An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning April 24th you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to Apr 24th) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from April 24th through April 28th. Final results will be available at the same link April 29th.
If you are participating in the race virtually, and live out of state or country, you will not be able to receive a t-shirt unless someone is able to come to the packet pick up on your behalf.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.