In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The March to Montgomery Tribute Challenge is a one month 54 mile event intended to highlight the efforts of non-violent protestors who on 3 separate occasions marched along the 54 mile U.S. Highway 80 from Selma to Montgomery in March of 1965 for in order to exercise their right to vote in defiance of segregationist oppression.
We are challenging you to run, walk, or simply move under your own power 54 miles during the month of March to honor those who were willing to endanger their own lives so that there would be equal rights for all.
- Register for the event and complete 54 miles distance over the course of a March and log your miles as you go in the easy tracking device.
- We will ship you're race shirt and finisher medal (made in America) by early April.
- Please see the instructions within the FAQ on how to track your progress. As you upload your mileage every day you'll see your progress move from Selma to Montgomery.
Share your journey with #MarchToMontgomery
- Official entry to the March to Montgomery Tribute Challenge.
- Tech Tee with race logo (picture below)
- Made in America Finisher Medal depicting an iconic scene in the March to Montgomery. (picture below)
- Map that shows your progress as you move from Selma to Montgomery
- Downloadable finisher's certificate
- Shipping of all items
- Our respect and thanks for remembering those who advanced the great cause of civil and voting rights.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
We send out a monthly running email and NEVER sell your email address!