Staying consistent is key to good health. This run challenge is intended to maintain or build your fitness through the winter to be ready for Spring Race training season.
● Develop or build on endurance
● Develop or build on aerobic fitness
● Develop or build on cardiovascular and muscle endurance
● Develop or build on strength
● Building or rebuilding a foundation
The plan is laid out in a few phases:
● Mileage Base Phase
○ Building easy miles
● Workout Base Phase
○ Building leg speed and form (strides)
○ Maximizing aerobic efficiency (steady state runs)
○ Testing your aerobic capacity (time trials)
○ Mental strength (building the long run, steady state and time trials)
Following base training you would move into the next training phases to prepare you for your event: Preparation, Peak and Taper Phases.
The plan is designed for a steady progression to keep you injury free and get you ready for your next training phase! The plan is optional for you to use. You can just choose a distance and follow your own plan too!
If you are looking for a fully custom plan please visit TrailRun.Coach. Many talented coaches are available.
Challenge Race Swag will mail out March 1st, 2024.
Note: Make sure you have entered your correct mailing address. If you have the wrong address entered it may not be returned to us. If it is, we will reach out to you for the correct address. You will need to pay for the second shipping.
Additional Training Challenge information can be found at https://www.ornerymuleracing.com/.
1. Contact us to request transfer to future event
2. Remove your registration from this event. If you do not remove registration we will ship you your race swag.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.