Find yourself at the center of the U.S. as you finish this unique race! The entire course is on unpaved country roads in north-central Kansas. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Kansas prairie as you run from Smith Center, KS to the Geographic Center of the Contiguous United States near Lebanon, KS. You may run the race or ride your bike. This race is certified by the USA Track and Field Association.
This year we are also having a 10k run that starts and ends at the Geographic Center. This is in addition to the Half Marathon Running and Half Marathon Cycling races.
1. Registration/packet pickup is Friday 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., or Saturday 6:00-6:45 a.m., in the Old Dutch Mill at Wagner Park at 218 E. 2nd Street in Smith Center.
2. Race time is 7:30 a.m. for half marathon runners. Bikers start at 7:45 a.m. from the same location, which is the cemetery about 1 mile north of Smith Center. The 10k race begins at 9:00 a.m. at the Center of the U.S.
3. Vehicles may be left at the start line, Fairview Cemetery just north of Smith Center. Transportation will be provided from the finish line at the Center of the U.S. back to the cemetery. We will also haul your bike back if you need it.
4. There will be 7 water stations from beginning to end. These stations also have fruit.
5. There are restrooms at Wagner Park, two porta-potties at the start line, three porta-potties along the route, and three porta-potties at the finish.
6. There will be refreshments and snacks at the end of the race for runners and riders, including breakfast burritos.
7. Award ceremony will take place at approximately 10 a.m. at the U.S. Center Park right by the finish line - on Google Maps it's called the Geographic Center of the United States.
8. Follow us on Facebook for additional information and updates: https://www.facebook.com/RaceToTheCenter/
9. If you want to stick around afterwards, the Lebanon Bash is going on just 2 miles from the finish line. It features events all day, including the parade and a concert.
10. Find the race and location map below. For spectators, the best route from start to finish lines is along Highway 36, then north past Lebanon to the Center of the U.S.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/RaceToTheCenter/.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.