This race page is for Race #2 of 4 in this Series. Please be sure to sign up for the other 3!
Gorham Bike & Ski is excited to present The TruStrength Skimo Cup Series this season! It is an uphill/downhill racing series. (Skimo, alpine touring, telemark, split board etc). The series consists of four total solo races for the season. Each course will also have a Recreational short course for skiers that want to participate but don’t want to race.
Full Course SkiMo & Heavy Metal division will do 3 laps with required bootpacks and designated descents. Short Course ( 1 Lap) and the Fitness Ski (as many laps in 2 hours) will share the same climb but racers may choose any descent that suits their ability.
Race 2 MAPS:
Full Course SkiMo & Heavy Metal Maps:
Fitness Ski & Short Course Map: (Descent is not fully marked as racers may choose how to get to the base.
Expected Full Course will consist of approximately 2,800 ft of vertical with 2 long laps and 1 short lap. There will be 5 short boot packs and 17 transitions. Exact course will be determined by snow conditions. Short Course will consist of 1 single lap. We will give you a course time for your effort but this is an unranked division with an emphasis on FUN and thus racers can choose to descend any trail that best suits their ability with no penalty.
4 Person Relay – In the relay event, a team (composed of four racers) will complete the single lap course in stages. One racer will race at a time handing off to their teammate during transition. This race will be run AFTER ALL THE SOLO RACES ARE DONE AT 1pm SO RACERS CAN DO BOTH.
Requirements for all races:
· All SkiMo racers must wear a helmet
· A single ski/binding weight of 1,360 grams (3 lbs) will be the cutoff for entering the Heavy Metal Division
· Poles need to be on snow during transitions
· All FULL COURSE racers must have a pack that skis can attach to for races requiring a boot pack section
· Other rules may be imposed by the race director at each event
· Racers are NOT required to wear masks while outside by the RD, if the resort imposes this that will be outside our choice). Racers will abide by the resort rules for indoor usage of masks
· Racers either need to provide proof of a natural occurring infection of COVID19 within past 6 months, proof of COVID vax, or a negative test result within three days of racing. Racers should not attend if they are symptomatic.
· We believe in personal privacy but also in public health and safety. We are giving lots of safe options here so please be honest and don’t let this be a reason for not racing
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.