In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://opportunitynetworks.org/.
Today we want to take the time to say thank you! Thank you for supporting Opportunity Networks for the last 30 years! Thank you for your contributions to our company’s growth. Thank you for helping us provide life changing opportunities to our participants. Thank you for supporting our events and fundraisers. You are a vital part our mission, working alongside us to make a positive impact on our community. We are so grateful to have you on our team and know we all have a common goal: changing the world for good.
The Opportunity Networks Ability 5K Race is going virtual!!! Due to the COVID-19 crisis, our 2nd Annual Ability 5K Run/Walk/Roll will be held as a virtual event in August 2020 in honor of National Nonprofit Day. What is National Nonprofits Day you ask? This day is all about recognizing and supporting the great nonprofits in our communities who provide critical programs and services to those in need. All proceeds from this event will go to benefit the participants of Opportunity Networks’ day program.
Here’s how it works:
1. You can run your race any time from August 17, 2020 through August 27, 2020. We will post all results as they are received on a daily basis up through August 27, 2020.
2. We will be offering RaceJoy to all 2020 race registrants.
· What is RaceJoy? RaceJoy is an app that uses the power of smart phones to provide real-time GPS tracking of a person’s actual location and create real-time information and interaction with race organizers, participants, and spectators. Information is texted and/or emailed so we can post your results.
3. We will be enabling the “Race Anywhere” option on RaceJoy, allowing participants to run a 5K anywhere in the world. We strongly encouraged you to send us your photos to post on our registration page and other social media. Also, you are encouraged to post them to your own social media with the tag #Ability5K. In this time of relative isolation, social media is currently the best way to connect with each other, and keep our community together!
4. After you register we will mail a custom race bib to you, design by one of our program participants at Opportunity Networks! It will be a one-of-a-kind piece of wearable art signed by the artist!
5. You will also receive detailed instructions on where you can run your 5k (practically anywhere!) as well as how to submit your results.
6. T-shirts will be mailed or delivered to you after the race.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for updates and tips on how to increase the fun factor during your virtual 5K run!
please email Janelle Morreale at Opportunity Networks: JMorreale@opportunitynetworks.org
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Race T-shirts will be mailed or delivered (if you live locally) to you after the race.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for The ability Virtual 5K.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is similar to any traditional 5K event, what makes a virtual run different, is that you register online and complete the race on your own time, in your own way. YOU choose your own starting line, whether it's a treadmill, your favorite trail or a neighborhood street.
A virtual run also will result in the mail-delivery arrival of a custom running bib, which you can choose to wear (or not) during your virtual run. And a race t-shirt that will be mailed or delivered after the race is completed!
On top of all this, the small amount of money it costs to register will go directly to Opportunity Networks.
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.