Wexford, PA US 15090
IT'S GOING TO BE A BACKWARDS KIND OF YEAR
2024 brings us the 11th Annual Two Face 10K. Held annually each August in beautiful North Park, this event is a dual race scenario combining a 10K Road race, which is then followed immediately afterward by a 10K Trail race. Both races are held typically on one of the most humid days of the year in western PA. See what we mean by insane!
2024 COURSE UPDATE - WE WILL BE RUNNING THE COURSE IN REVERSE!
- 7:30 am - The road race will take you on a beautiful early morning loop around historic North Park Lake. With Herons, Bald Eagles and other wildlife on full display, you won't find a better location.
- 9:00 am - The trail race will begin with a 1 mile climb up a technical section of the red trail, followed by multiple rock gardens with steep climbs and fast descents.
You have the option for 1 race or take up the FULL TWO-FACE CHALLENGE and do both races back to back.
Afterward, be sure to stick around and cool off with Tim Wu's Famous Shaved Ice and post-race beer from Dancing Gnome Brewing.
GCXC "MAX VERT" Challenge
Come join GCXC at their 3 premier summer trail races and take on the "MAX VERT" Challenge
- South Ridge Trail Challenge - Sunday, June 2, 2024 at North Park
- The Murrysville Monster - Sunday, July 14, 2024 at Duff and Pleasant Valley Parks
- The Two-Face 10K - Saturday, August 3, 2024 at North Park
This unique challenge is not for the faint of heart. With trail segments like Suffer This, Throat Punch, Straight Up the Mountain, and many more, this challenge will surely bring out the best in runners of all abilities.
HOW DOES IT WORK
The challenge is simple. Sign up for all 3 events at once, pick your distances at each race, and you are registered for the challenge. And the best part is, YOU CREATE YOUR OWN CHALLENGE! There are 18 different combinations to choose from. Pick the challenge that works for you!.
ONLY RUNNERS WHO REGISTER FOR THE CHALLENGE USING THE CHALLENGE BUNDLE TILE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CHALLENGE PERKS AND SERIES SCORING
Registering for each race separately does not qualify as the "MAX VERT" challenge.
WHAT DO I GET FOR COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE
All participants who complete the challenge will:
- Receive an exclusive, commemorative, GCXC “MAX VERT" Challenge medal at The Two Face 10K on August 3, 2024.
- MEDAL REVEAL WILL COME LATER THIS SPRING
- Receive all individual race SWAG from South Ridge, Murrysville Monster, and Two-Face:
- A commemorative 2024 South Ridge 6-pack branded cooler and finishers medal
- A commemorative 2024 Murrysville Monster beach towel, and finishers medal
- A commemorative 2024 Two Face 10K technical t-shirt and a finishers medal
- Pay only one transaction fee (not three!) when registering and save money.
- Get huge kudos on your accomplishment from family, friends and fellow runners
- Experience immense pride as you strive towards YOUR MAX VERT, explore beautiful trails, climb mountains, cross streams and make memories.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH DISTANCES ARE RIGHT FOR ME? WHAT'S THE VERT?
Great question. Since some of you may be unfamiliar with these courses, we are here to help. If you take a look at the chart below, you will see what your expected "MAX VERT" would be by selecting different distances.
So what are you waiting for? Join the GCXC "MAX VERT" Challenge and we will see you at kick-off on June 2nd at the South Ridge Trail Challenge!
"MAX VERT" SERIES SCORING
In addition to earning the awesome "MAX VERT" challenge medal, we have added two "MAX VERT" scoring challenges as well. These scoring challenges require you to run in one of 2 distinct race series: 30K MAX VERT SERIES or 60K MAX VERT SERIES. There will be awards for the top 3 male and female in both series after the Two Face 10K on August 3rd.
- 30K MAX VERT SERIES
- South Ridge 10K
- Murrysville Monster 10K
- Two Face 10K Trail (if you register for the Two-Face Challenge, only your time from the trail section will count for this series)
- 60K MAX VERT SERIES
- South Ridge 20K
- Murrysville Monster 20K
- Two Face Challenge (both 10K road and trail). Scoring will be assigned based on combined time for both Two-Face events (road and trail).
HOW WILL THE SCORING WORK
- Athletes will earn points for their overall place BY CHIP TIME in each of the 3 races.
- Places 1 through 15 will score at each event for both male and female divisions:
- 15Pts for first, 14 for second, 13 for third and so forth.
- At the conclusion of the Two-Face 10K, we will tally all the points and announce the winners.
- In the event of a tie, the runner with more head-to-head wins moves up in standing.
Trail Sisters Approved
This race is Trail Sisters Approved:
- Equal Podiums & Awards
- Women’s Specific Apparel & Swag
- Menstrual Products at Aid Stations
- Women On the Starting Line
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Policy
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.