Frisco, TX US 75036
All Wheels Up (AWU) is a nonprofit group committed to improving accessibility in air travel for people with reduced mobility. Check out our numerous projects on our website: www.allwheelsup.org
We are celebrating National Accessible Air Travel Day, which is observed every August 20th in the United States. National Accessible Air Travel Day raises awareness for the future of accessible air travel as well as celebrate the work being done today to improve air travel for travelers with disabilities. All Wheels Up highlights the accomplishments to improve accessible air travel throughout the month of August to raise awareness and fund research and development into improved accessibility for travelers with reduced mobility.
Help spread awareness! We want everyone to know how hard we’re working to make airplane travel more accessible to millions of travelers. Help us with our grassroots movement! Run, roll, or walk with friends and family in the month of August! All donations go directly to AWU. AWU funding is leading research, development, and advocacy, that will make air travel more accessible to travelers with disabilities.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RACE
- Register for the race by clicking the SIGN UP button at the top of the page. Registration includes: All Wheels Up/National Accessible Air Travel Day medal, printable race bib, printable finisher certificate.
- Roll/walk/run a 1k, 5k, 10k, or half marathon at your convenience (any time, any place) between August 1–31, 2022.
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Create a team: only one person needs to register and create a team name during checkout (team password is optional). Share your team name so that others can join during registration.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #AllWheelsUp #flyinclusive
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib? Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate? Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag? No, submitting your time is optional. Your medal and, fundraising goal rewards, will be mailed to you regardless.
- How do I track my time? You can use any time tracking app available.
- How do I create a team? During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so that when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have three people on a team, you each will get a $5 fund, and anyone who joins AFTER the third person will automatically get the $5 discount. Once you have five people on a team, the Team Captain will receive a custom All Wheels Up water bottle!
- Do all team members have to roll/walk/run together? No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can go at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance? No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal ? Medals will start to ship the second week of August through the end of the race.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
We want to be completely transparent with our policies regarding refunds, and cancellations. If you are interested in signing up for this race, please read this section carefully prior to registering. All interested participants will be shown these policies during the registration process and must agree to adhere to them in order to be admitted to the event. Race registration fees (and the processing charge from RunSignup) are not refundable. These funds are used to pay for costs incurred before, during, and after the event is held. To be consistent and fair to everyone, we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
Race Contact Info
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.