In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
On Thursday, Harford County announced additional restrictions on gatherings and use of county parks due to the spike in COVID-19 cases. While we were originally told this would not affect the status of the Harford Christian Educational Foundation 5K, we found out this morning that our race permit was being revoked. Based on this order, the HCEF 5K will now take place as a VIRTUAL event.
While we are disappointed that we will not get the opportunity to be together at the end of the day, public safety and the well-being of our community is a much higher priority.
Please see race page to find out how to get the most out of your virtual experience!
Join us for the Harford Christian Educational Foundation’s first ever 5K on November 14th, 2020! We invite participants of all ages to come and join us in supporting HCS at this exciting outdoor event. We hope you’ll join us in getting some fresh air!
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VIRTUAL RACE
Sign up to report your Virtual Results:
1. Head to your profile page at RunSignUp
2. Look for "Upcoming Events" tab and you will see the listing for Harford Christian Educational Foundation 5K
3. Click the "Virtual Race" link from top menu, sign up for either texting or emailing results
4. Click "save contact info".
Running Your Race:
1. The race(s) “begin” on Saturday, November 13th and "end" on Sunday, November 14th at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time). This is the time period you have to run your race and submit your results. You can run your race wherever you choose (your neighborhood, your favorite trail, your treadmill, etc.)
2. You will need a device to track your distance and time. If you have a GPS watch that’s great - if not you can use any phone-based run tracking app (MapMyRun, Strava, etc.). You may also participate on a treadmill, but be sure to take a picture of the screen when you are finished to document your effort.
3. Be sure to run/walk the complete distance (3.1 miles for the 5K). You don’t want to push yourself and then find out you came up short!
4. As just about everyone on the planet knows by now, restrictions on traveling, group sizes, and locations vary by town, county, and state. It is your responsibility to make sure you comply with the standing orders where you are. Please be smart and use common sense :)
Runners will be able to submit their results through text or email (if opted in - see directions to do so above) or through the runsignup.com results page from Saturday, November 13th through Sunday November 14th at 11:59 PM ET.
We will keep the same award categories as we had planned for the in-person race. Medals to top three male and female runners in each of the following age groups (ages 5-11, 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over)
In order to qualify for a 5K time-based award you MUST be able to submit proof of your time and distance. This can be a screenshot from a phone app, picture of your GPS watch, picture of your treadmill, etc. that shows the distance AND time. If you qualify for an award when the virtual race is over, you will need to submit this proof in a timely manner when emailed (or you can submit proof through the runsignup.com photo page) - otherwise the award will roll down to the next person.
You can also share your photos on the Run Sign Up Photo Page (you do need to be signed into your runsignup.com account to share photos) or during the result reporting process. We would love to see your pre-race, race and after race photos.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work through this together. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's show our support for Harford Christian Educational Foundation, no matter where we run!
Ages 12 and above:
o $20 per person through February 28th.
o $25 per person thereafter.
Ages 5-11 (Discount will be applied at check out):
o $10 per person through February 28th.
o $15 per person thereafter.
Ages 4 and under (Discount will be applied at check out)
o Free for children ages 4 and under (no T shirt given, no chip timer).
PACKET PICK UP SESSIONS
PLEASE NOTE: NEW LOCATION AND TIME
Friday, November 13th from 3-6PM
Charm City Run Bel Air
126 South Main Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
Race T-shirt for all participants ages 5 and over
Medals to top three male and female runners in each of the following age groups:
60 and over
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.