In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com. A family fun adventure race with challenges modeled after the popular CBS show “THE AMAZING RACE”. It's way more fun than a 5K! On-line registration will close once 100 team limit is reached. Sign up now, team members can be added later on race day!
1. ABOUT THE RACE:For teams of 2 people – adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Friends, family members and neighbors can race against each other completing a one mile cross country filled with up to eight fun challenges. Whether you run, jog, walk or watch, it'll be a BONDING EXPERIENCE you will never forget. Testimonial: “What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a life time.” To ensure fairness and safety of all involved, some of the tasks are slightly modified for youth and senior participants.
2. RACE DESCRIPTION: This rain or shine event pits teams of two people against each other completing a string of up to eight eight fun-filled challenges spread across a one-mile cross-country course. Each station will contain a SECRET CLUE CARD that instructs each team to complete a task (game, relay, obstacle course, etc.) before proceeding to the next challenge station. To ensure fairness and safety of all involved, some of the tasks are slightly modified for youth and senior participants. The team that reaches the finish line with the fastest overall time wins. How well you work as a team is the most essential ingredient to winning the race! Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
3. REGISTRATION INFO: 2 person teams only: adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Kindergarten & Pre-K is allowed only if paired with an adult. Active duty, reserves, retired - military, law enforcement and fire department – including spouses – receive a 50% discount off team entry fee. Teams can choose a RECREATION PACE (those who prefer to walk or jog at a leisure pace) or a COMPETITIVE PACE (those who prefer to run and are physically active. Spectators are welcome to tag along for free and take photos for the scrapbook.
4. AWARDS: Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each grade division (determined by grade of youngest team member): Grades K-4, Grades 5-12, and Adult Teams divisions. The top 25 teams, from each city race, qualify for the National Championship Race and $2,000 prize!
5. SUPPORTING: The GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY family and academic initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be a good ROLE MODEL by participating in three daily activities (30 minutes, 5 times a week) at home, with their kids, that have the power to improve their student’s academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy.
6. SPONSORSHIP:Sponsorship with Great Amazing Race offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us to discuss exhibitor and booth opportunities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.