Welcome to the 2021 Rolling Meadows Turkey Trot 5k & Kids K!
WHERE: Rolling Meadows Community in Lake Orion, Michigan - Starting from the community pool parking lot.
WHEN: Thanksgiving Day Morning, Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Start time 8:30am for the 5k, 9:30am for the Kids K
WHY: To promote a healthy and active community lifestyle while raising a bit of money and collecting food/toys for those in need during the holiday season.
WHO: All residents of the Rolling Meadows Community along with any of their friends and family they'd like to invite. Anyone wishing to take part MUST be registered via this online system. We also require that in order to checkin and race on race day you donate canned/boxed food and/or a toy for local charities. We will collect all donated items along with leftover registration fees and t-shirt add-on money and give it to local charities.
- Event - A fun, organized, community event. 8:30am start for 5k, 9:30am for Kids K.
- Course - An accurate well marked course starting out on the road and transitioning to the sidewalk for a majority of the way with a finish line inflatable by the pool.
- Timing - Everyone gets an official time. The run is a gun start with a manually recorded finish. Results available online within 24-48 hours. Those that want it sooner please wear a stopwatch or GPS device to record your own.
- Race Number - We will give everyone a race/bib number for identification worn on your outermost layer of clothing.
- Shirts - You DO NOT get a shirt included in your $5 registration. You may add a shirt for either event if you'd like during the registration process and it will be handed out before the start of the race. Adding a shirt comes with an additional cost but is NOT mandatory.
- Food/Drink - We will have snacks & drinks afterwards at the picnic tables near the pool.
- Medals - Kids K gets finisher's medals, 5K DOES NOT.
- Awards - There are no awards for either race this is just a fun community event.
- Raffle Prizes - We will give out some random raffle prizes to participants of both races. If you're registered you are automatically entered. Drawing takes place at 9:45am right after the kids race.