Like Running or Walking? Love Wine? This race is for you!
Join us on Saturday, July 13th, 2023 at 9:00am for an exciting annual event that features the one-of-a-kind Robinette's Apple Haus & Winery! Come indulge at a family friendly winery with house-made wines and hard ciders. We also offer multiple add on swag options so whether you are looking to run, walk or just enjoy the wine this race is a sure thing for a great time and an incredible experience! This race is timed and scored by J3 Timing. Results will be posted at www.J3Timing.com.
- T-shirt: Super Soft Ring Spun Cotton t-shirt included!
- Wine Glass: Shatterproof, Collapsible, and Portable!
- Finisher Medal: Doubles as a Wine Coaster!
- Race Bib: Chip timed 5k run/walk
- Results Posted Online
- ...and of course, a pour of wine!
1) Please have your ID with you to receive your post race Wine
2) Please stay within designated area when consuming Wine
3) Participants Under 21 yrs old will receive a non-alcoholic cider. This can be consumed anywhere on the farm
Thank you for helping us adhere to these state laws while everyone has a great time at the farm!
2024 Race Swag!!!
Let's Do This!
FREE RACE PHOTOS
Free Race Pics Available for Download at all of our events!!!
3142 4 Mile Rd NE
Grand Rapids, MI US 49525
Race Course: The race starts and finishes at the winery! Get ready for an awesome and scenic tour of the vineyards! If you're looking for a personal best time, this is not the course for you! Though, if you're looking for a personal best wine this course is a guaranteed winner! This course is mostly cross country style and includes some grass and uneven areas.
The race will go on rain or shine. In the event of severe weather conditions or lightning, the race director may delay the start until safer conditions are available. In the event that you choose not to participate in the race, you can also pick up your race packet at the winery even if you are not running, or if you send an email to email@example.com, so we can transfer you to the virtual wine run and ship your race packet. While we can't predict or control the weather, the one thing that we can guarantee is that there will be a 100% chance of wine at this event.
We are excited to announced that the charity partner for this event is The Nikolas Ritschel Foundation!
I was diagnosed with brain and spine cancer in July of 2022. Before I was diagnosed, I was a freshman in college. I was living independently in a dorm, meeting new friends, and working on my degree. I’ve always been a creative, energetic, and positive person. Qualities my cancer diagnosis can never take from me. In May of 2022, my younger sister was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. She’s my best friend and it was the worst thing in the world watching her go through that, but she’s a fighter and beat it just months later in November. Throughout high school I experienced neck and shoulder pain as well as terrible headaches. It all started going downhill when the summer before my sophomore year, more symptoms popped up including blurry vision. I went to the ophthalmologist and they quickly suggested I go to the ER. I’d never been to the ER before so, rightfully so, I was so nervous. They did some scans and the hospital bed was horrible. The docs came back after what felt like forever and told me they found something in my brain. Everything escalated from there. Two weeks later and I had brain surgery to remove the tumor, a month or so later I started radiation therapy, and after I completed that, started chemotherapy. Through all of this craziness I was continuing my degree, but online. I was about to go back that spring which was amazing as I made some of my very best friends that semester since joining a sorority. For a while everything was shrinking and even clearing up (which doesn’t happen in tumors like mine). It felt like such a miracle. Now, I am about to start a clinical trial out of University of Michigan at Mott as new spots have started to show up. I have made it a goal to keep my spirits up by maintaining a positive attitude. I am blessed to have the most amazing friends and family ever who keep me lifted and loved. I will never let my diagnosis keep me from being the person I am and I am proud of myself for not letting my fight with cancer get me down.
What Nik's wish are you thinking about and why?
I really would love to go to Universal Studios with my family because I love spending time with them and I’m OBSESSED with Harry Potter. I love the warm weather Florida has and roller coasters are my favorite.
Packet Pick-up will be on Race Day morning ONLY and will begin an hour before the race starts!
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Check out the Winery
Can I Participate Virtually?
Absolutely! We have been getting many inquiries about virtual participation and have integrated a virtual option into our regular registration.
Please feel free to register through the regular registration link above and you can either:
1) Pick up packet during packet pickup or on the morning of the race, but run on your own (hint: wine ticket is still good if you use this strategy)
2) Contact us at any time to switch to the Virtual Wine Run 5k and we'll ship your packet (There will be a shipping and handling charge for this option)
Also, if you intend on running, but later change your mind and would like to do either of these options, that's ok too! If you are definitely going to have us ship your packet and run virtually though, we do recommend you follow the instructions below:
1). Go to runsignup.com/profile and log into your account.
2). Click on "Manage Registration" next to this race.
3). On the next page click on transfer to another race and choose the virtual wine run race.
Age Group Awards and More Info!
This event will be offering Age Group Awards! In addition to scoring all of the great swag listed above, the top 3 finishers in each age category also receives a custom age group award!
10 Year Categories: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 & Over
- Awards will be handed out live! There will be no age group ceremony. Please look up your results at www.J3Timing.com after finishing and if you placed top 3 in your category please visit the registration table to pick up your award.
- Age Group pins will be available for pickup 1 hour after the start of the first wave - age group awards are only available the day of the event and will not be available for shipment once the event has concluded.
Please Note: Due to Michigan Regulations, you are not able to receive the post race pour AND a wine tasting on the same day. If you bring in your Wine Run 5k cup another day, you can receive 1/2 off for a wine tasting.
- Is the race only for 21+? No, minors are welcome to participate and receive a discounted registration that includes a shirt, medal and bib (these participants will not receive a wine glass or a wine pour).
- Are strollers allowed? You are welcome to use a stroller for this event but it is not recommended due to uneven ground on the course and children in strollers can participate for free and do not need to register.
- Is walking allowed? Yes absolutely! We have many walkers, joggers, and run/walkers at this event!
- Is the race dog friendly? Yes, but they must be on a leash and they cannot come inside the winery.
- I still have questions, who do I contact? If you have a question, someone else probably does too. Use the contact form on this page, we'd love to hear from you!
Professionally Timed By
Additional race information can be found at http://www.WineRun5k.com.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.