In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Traverse City Track Club presents the 62nd Season of its weekly Summer Series running program.
Beginning June 14th through August 16th, this 10-week free program for all ages and abilities provides a format enabling participants to run with others at a weekly pre-determined area course, receive an official time, and gather points throughout the 10-week period, to see how they compare to others at the same course.
A point system uses each week’s total number of participants to establish a ranking. Overall standing is based on both participation and finish comparison. At the end of the series, the Top 10-point earners male and female receive awards, and those who participate in all 10 events also receive special recognition.
Most courses originate in Traverse City’s Huron Hills neighborhood. All courses are marked (start/finish), mapped, and previewed on the club’s website.
Following are each week’s events (All with a 6:30pm start time):
1. June 14, TC Central High, 3 mile flat
2. June 21, TC Central High, 5K hilly
3. June 28, TC Central High, 4 mile predictiton run (leave your watch at home!)
4. July 5, TC Central High, 4 mile handicap run
5. July 12, Rasho Farm, 5K cross country: (XC course for Farmland)
6. July 19, West Middle School (3950 Silver Lake Rd), track 5K age-graded (12 ½ laps, WMS track)
7. July 26, TC Central High, 6 mile handicap
8. August 2, TC Central High, 8 x 1k alternating relay combined handicaps
9. August 9, 5K on Trails - Timber Ridge
10. August 16, Hull Park, 4 mile; Boardman Lake Loop, followed by awards in Hull Park
Note: Venues may change depending on availability.
The handicap, prediction, and age-graded features for half of the series events allows for those who may be concerned the events are for runners/walkers of all abilities.
To participate in this free program, participants only need to be a member of the Traverse City Track Club and sign-up online at the link: Only one registration is needed for the entire season.
This program has been designed for the over 900 members of the TCTC, but true to the club mission, it is open to anyone who wants to try.
For more information visit the Summer Series page.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.