Additional race information can be found at https://derekdavismemorialrun5k.weebly.com/.
Derek Davis was a husband, a father of four, a devoted man of faith, an incredible runner and a wonderful person with a generous heart possessed by few in this world. Tragically, Derek left this world on April 27, 2015 from injuries sustained after being hit by a car while on an early morning run with his wife, Amanda. However, his story doesn’t end there. On April 30, 2015, Derek inspired hundreds of people (most of whom did not know him) to complete a tribute run to the site of the accident. It was there that the runners dropped flowers, shoes, shirts, pictures and signs to honor Derek’s spirit.
This race was born from the energy and atmosphere of that evening. All proceeds from this race will help fund the Derek Davis Memorial Fund (DDMF). The DDMF provides college scholarships for high school cross country runners. Derek is undoubtedly proud that his legacy will help others achieve their life goals.
In light of the recent COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak, we have decided to change our 6th Annual Derek Davis Memorial to a Virtual race this year. The health and safety of our runners, volunteers, partners, and spectators is our primary concern.
All you need to do is register yourself HERE for the race - THEN:
● Complete the race wherever you like from the day you register through August 22nd 2020
● Submit your virtual results via your runsignup account (Help to do this HERE)
● Be totally AWESOME and post a photo from your 5K to either Facebook or tagging @Derek Davis Memorial Run and using the hashtag #DDMR. Go crazy, Green is the theme!
EVERY PARTICIPANT will receive a race tech shirt and a medal (Watch this space for final shirt design & medal reveal)
● Guaranteed shirt cut of date is August 6, 2020
● Medals & Shirts will be available on or around August 22nd - pick up location to be determined (a location in Holly Springs, NC), or we will mail your shirt and medal to you if needed.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.