In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website.
However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
Step Up for The Arc of Somerset County is an annual 5K and Walk-A-Thon fundraiser that helps support vital programs designed to provide quality services and supports for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Somerset County. The Arc is the state’s largest non-profit advocacy and service organization supporting people with developmental disabilities and their families.
This year we are hosting a HYBRID Event with a LIVE in-person 5K and Walk Event (Dog Friendly), a Virtual 5k, and a Virtual Walk event.
In-Person 5K Event:
The in-person 5K event takes place in the early morning of Sunday, June 6th at Duke Island Park in Bridgewater Township at 8:30am.
In-Person Walk Event:
The walk portion of this event will take place proceeding the 5K at 10:15am -12:30pm at Duke Island Park in Bridgewater.
SOMERSET COUNTY'S VERY OWN MUSICIAN- TOMMY STRAZZA ENTERTAINS AT THE STEP UP EVENT JUNE 6th at DUKE ISLAND PARK 10:30AM-12:00PM
This event will take place starting on June 6th and end on June 16th, 2021. You can run this event any day from June 6th - June 16th!
This can be anytime, anywhere, and any day from June 6th -June 16th . This event can be completed in multiple days and can be anything from hiking, biking, or walking your dog!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we will not be hosting a picnic, however, we DO encourage family members of the Arc to attend to show support and continued advocacy for the work The Arc does in our community.
We will work within COVID-19 protocols for all patrons of the event and coordinate areas of the green lawn space for families of loved ones to gather. We hope to see you there!
What to Expect on Sunday, June 6th Morning:
To achieve an amazing day of live competition, camaraderie, and support for each other and our community, in these times, it is each of our responsibilities to protect one another, ourselves, and the community at large.
We have created for a safe and healthy event day. We ask that each attendee reads this guide prior to event day and understands what is expected of them as part of the Arc Community.
Step Up for The Arc 5K Event Day Health & Safety Rules - Attendee Expectations
Overall Health & Safety
* If you have any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 including an elevated temperature … Please DO NOT ATTEND
* Please do a self-temperature check prior to arrival at the event.
* Attendees must not be experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, must not have been around anyone who was sick in the past 14 days, and must not have travelled internationally or to a travel advisory state in the past 14 days.
Suggested Arrival Time for 5K:
· Upon arrival (max of 30 minutes prior to your assigned start time at 8:30am) report to the check-in tent which will be distributing bibs in groups of the alphabet by last name.
· Once at the check-in table, give your name and receive your bib and gift item.
· Between check-in and assigned start time, seek a socially distanced area at the event site around the lawn.
5K Starting Line:
Report to the starting chutes 5 minutes prior to your assigned start time and advance to the start line along the socially distanced ground markings.
· YOU MUST WEAR YOUR MASK INTO THE CHUTE AND ONLY REMOVE IT WHEN YOU START YOUR RUN.
· After your run or walk, enjoy your refreshments from a socially distanced area at the event site or your car prior to departing. Please do not congregate at the finish area or refreshment tent.
o Required to be worn properly over both the nose and mouth when in standing groups
o Required to be carried on course, but not required to be worn while running or walking
o Always respect the personal space of others
o Try to maintain a minimum of 6’ separation from other attendees and crew
· Pass widely on course to maintain a minimum of 6’ distance (preferably 12’), put on your mask whenever this is not possible, slow down if necessary and announce your intention to pass so the other party has the opportunity to also put on their mask.
· Individual sealed water bottles will be available at the event site, but it is recommended you bring your own for increased safety.
· The course water station will only have individual sealed bottles (no grab n’ go cups). It is recommended that you bring your own water for the course in a hydration pack or favorite water bottle to alleviate any congestion near the water station and in a completely different realm of existence...to reduce our environmental impact!
Our refreshment table will feature wrapped breakfast bars.
Refreshment table will be open after you finish your run at the finish line. Please enjoy the refreshments from a socially distanced area at the event site or your car prior to departing. We ask that you please do not congregate at the finish area or refreshment tent to ensure a safe environment for all.
* Many of our events will be pre-registration online only and may have to comply with local capacity restrictions.
Suggest to friends and family sign-up early online before June 5th at 6:00pm when our online registrations will close.
Results & Awards:
o Results are by CHIP time as there is no one official “gun time”.
o Printed results will NOT be displayed to avoid close congregating.
o Finish times will be available quickly after you cross the finish line on www.BestRace.com/Mobile
(places will not be official or final until all runners have finished) and full official results will be available later on the event website.
· We will not have an on-site awards ceremony this year to avoid close congregating.
· No awards posted so no crowds gathering to see results visit www.bestrace.com/mobile) for immediate race time results.
· No awards given out after race at race location so no crowds gather there to see awards
· Awards will be mailed to your home to the address given at online registration
- There will be NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION to avoid lines that may form at registration area – please ask any family or friends who are planning to join you to register in advance online BEFORE June 5th at 12:00pm.
Please help Us Reach OUR Fundraising GOAL and share our DONATE page to your social media pages.
Thank You :)
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race,
please contact the race director at