101 S Pavilion Center Dr,
Las Vegas, NV 89144
Calling all kids, ages 6-17, novice or experienced for a full-size kids triathlon. With almost 200 kids crossing the finish line last year, get energized and join us for a great race experience!
Swim at Pavilion Center Pool, bike at Sig Rogich Middle School, run around the Palo Verde High School Race Track, and finish at Veteran’s Memorial Park on the volleyball sand court with a superhero from the Las Vegas Cause-Players Alliance honoring you with a finisher medal!
New to our 2022 race, we're adding a 16-17 age division, overall awards, and recycle run for fun!
Want the ultimate preparation for race day, sign up for one of our training groups, too! Novice or advanced welcome. We make it easy for families where siblings and friends can train together!
Not ready to commit to weekly team practices, but new to triathlon or wanting to practice and prepare for race day. Sign up for our Race Ready Club Clinic and join the team for an afternoon session to experience the breakdown of a triathlon event. Participants will prepare for race day with the Las Vegas Kids Triathlon Club. They will receive pointers on what to expect, organizing gear, what to wear, practice transitions, work on bike handling, and much more!
Triathlon participants will receive a full size triathlon event, participation medal, souvenir wristband, race sticker, and cool race t-shirt(We order extra, but sign up by Oct 1 to guarantee this year's shirt and size). Recycle Run for Fun participants will receive all the same from our previous races! We aim to be environmentally friendly and to REDUCE our carbon footprint.
Training wheels, kick boards, and life vests WILL BE ALLOWED, but aerobars and headphones will NOT BE ALLOWED.
Participants in any Las Vegas Kids Triathlon event, training, or clinic requires a valid USAT membership and processing fees are applied at time of signup.
- Short/Long Course Race - October 28, 2022 - Transition opens 8:30am
- $50 - August 1 - August 31 - Early Bird Pricing
- $55 - September 1 - September 30
- $60 - October 1 - October 27 at 7:00PM
- $75 - October 26 at 3:00PM - October 28 at 8:00AM
- Recycle Run For Fun - October 28, 2022, 9:30am
- $20 - August 1 - October 28 at 8:00AM
- Ages 4-9 1 mile run - Same as Short Course Participants' run. Parent assist is only allowed for this race. Start from transition area and finish at Veteran's Memorial Park on the volleyball sand court.
- Race Ready Club Clinic - Sunday, October 23, 2022, 2:30PM - 4:00PM, Not suggested for Las Triathlon Team Participants
- $20 - August 1 - October 21 at 12:00PM
- Ages 6 - 17 - Join the Las Vegas Kids Triathlon Club for an afternoon session by participating in the Race Ready Club Clinic. For those new to triathlon or wanting to practice and prepare for race day.
- Las Vegas Kids Triathlon Club/Team
- $125 - August 1 - September 19
- Prorated after practice sessions start and if space is still available.
- If registering for races at packet pick-up on Thursday, October 27th, there will be an additional $15 fee. Race distances by age. USA Triathlon rules state that age is determined by the the child's age as of December 31st of the race year, so, he/she may be in an older age group than the age he/she is on race day.
- Short Course - ages 6-11 - 50 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 1 mile run
- Long Course - ages 10-17 - 150 yard swim, 3 mile bike, 1.5 mile run
- Race participants must hold a current USA Triathlon membership on day of event. Annual USAT youth memberships cost $10 and can be purchased through race registration or through USAT without any processing fees. Feel free to email the race if you need your child's USAT #Username to register. Only current or former members have a USAT #.
- Compliments of USA Triathlon, new triathletes can possibly save $10 on their membership! The codes below, offered by USA Triathlon, can be used to redeem 1 free Youth Annual Membership while supplies last. To redeem the code:
- go to https://member.usatriathlon.org
- Create a profile
- Click Purchase a Youth Annual Membership
- Use the following Discount Codes:
- LASVEGASDU22 - Posted on Saturday, May 28th, 2022 and good for 6 more free memberships.
- LasVegasKidsTri - Posted on Tuesday, Aug 23rd, 2022 and good for 10 more free memberships.
- Then sign up for the Las Vegas Kids Duathlon with your new USAT Triathlon membership. This code will not work on our site.
Mandatory Parent and Participant Packet Pickup
Participants must be present with a legal guardian to pick up their race packet. Guardians must show a legal photo ID.
Thursday, October 27, 2022, 4:00 - 7:00pm
See details below for race morning packet pickup.
10575 Discovery Dr.
Las Vegas, NV, 89135
Athletes receive their race number body markings, number bib, and numbered bicycle/helmet combo stickers during their packet pickup.
Per USAT rules, a legal guardian of a minor 17 years old or younger must pick up with the registered participant and show a legal photo ID. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE due to our USAT sanctioning and insurance guidelines.
To accommodate those who cannot make our Mandatory Parent and Participant Packet Pickup, some spaces are available for Race Day Packet Pickup at 8:30AM. This add on fee of $15, can only be purchased through registration up until Tuesday, October 25, 2022. Race Day Packet Pickup will be found next to the volunteer tent. The legal guardian with a legal photo ID and their child must be present for the Race Day Packet Pickup and their child will receive their race number body marking at the same time. A $20 fee will be assessed for race packets that have not been prescheduled to be picked up race morning.
Packet Pick up Fee Schedule:
Friday Packet Pickup $0
Prescheduled Race Morning @ 8:30am $15
Unscheduled Race Morning Fee $20
Become a Parent Volunteer to receive:
- $50 race refund toward's your child's entry.
- Free morning packet pickup
- Adult race shirt
These great events wouldn't be possible without the help of volunteers as they are an integral part of producing successful events. As a way of saying thank you to our parent volunteers, we offer up to a $50 race refund towards your child's registration fee. The race refund excludes transaction fees or USAT memberships.
After signing up your child for the race, be sure to follow these steps to receive a race refund:
1. Sign up HERE before October 26th to volunteer on race day from 8:30am to about 12:30pm. The sooner the better so we know who's coming to help!
2. Except for packet-pickup volunteers, sign in at our volunteer tent race morning at 8:30am to receive your shirt and child's race packet. Race day volunteer parents can still pick up their child's race packet at packet pickup the evening before the race.
3. Sign out after race clean up to receive your refund within 2 weeks of race day, Oct 28, 2022.
Since packet-pickup volunteers will show up at Las Vegas Cyclery the day before at 4:00 - 7:00PM, they can receive their chid's race packet and volunteer shirt at the same time.
Race With A Friend for School Fitness Funding
- When 10 or more kids from your school sign up for the race, your school will receive $100 in School Fitness Funding for PE, playground, STEM, and adaptive movement equipment! Your school will receive $10 for each additional participant after 10 signups. So, 25 signups would mean $250 for your school. Student athlete participants will be tallied as they communicate through the registration process which school they attend.
- Spread the word with the school flyer found HERE. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram!
- We will also reserve a 10'x12' canopy race space for you along the finish to build camaraderie and have fun at this multi-sport event. Please contact us using the RACE CONTACT INFO form below to assign your school a team captain for coordinating a race space for your school.
Group Volunteer Donation
Once a group has a total of 5 or more volunteers to help, we will donate $10 for each volunteer. For example, if a group sends 15 volunteers to assist our race, they would receive $150 for their group. Plus, everyone in the group will receive a race shirt. This is a great opportunity to support the community, earn required service hours, fundraise for your group or non profit, and build teamwork and camaraderie. Groups, please contact us using the RACE CONTACT INFO form below to let us know your group is coming and we can add it to registration so we know who's part of your group. Send your group to sign up HERE.
Individuals will have the option of identifying as a Parent Volunteer or Group Volunteer Donation, but not both.
We hope you'll find our event fun and rewarding as we foster healthy and active youth in the community. Thank you in advance for all your support!
Race Day Schedule, Friday, October 28, 2022
8:30am Transition area opens for triathlon participants
9:30am Recycle Run for Fun Starts / Transition area closes and triathletes assemble at bike mount/dismount line
9:40am Pre-race safety briefing at the bike mount/dismount line.
10:00am Race starts with the swim in the pool.
11:30am Bike finish / transition opens for bike pickup, Cleanup
USA Triathlon rules state that age is determined by the child's age as of December 31st of the race year, so, he/she may be in an older age group than the age he/she is on race day. Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. Then, 3 places deep to both male and female finishers by their age in their division. Each overall and age group winner will receive a free Pogo Pass(Pogo Pass is also offering 50% off to our participants by clicking on the picture pass below)!
Overall Short Course
Overall Long Course
Ages 6-11 Short Course Triathlon:
- 6-7 Years Old
- 8-9 Years Old
- 10-11 Years Old
Ages 10-15 Long Course Triathlon:
- 10-11 Years Old
- 12-13 Years Old
- 14-15 Years Old
- 16-17 Years Old
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.