115 Torne Valley Road
Hillburn, NY US 10931
After 10 years the time has come...
The 5k Run/Walk for Children Rockland County! has gotten a makeover.
New Name! New Course!
PLEASE JOIN US IN SUPPORT OF
HEALTHY FAMILIES AND HAPPY CHILDHOODS
ADVOCATING HOPE'S 5K RUN/WALK
USATF Certified Course No. NY20001JHP
The race starts and finishes at the Joseph T. St Lawrence Recreation Center on Torne Valley Road. Torne Valley Road runs along the beautiful Ramapo River and ascends up to a scenic view of the Ramapo Mountains. Enjoy the rustic route with rolling hills up and then turn around and enjoy a beautiful fast downhill to a flat finish. There will be 2 water stations provided along route.
- 5k Chipped Electronic Timing
- Generic Chipped Bib
- Printable Finishers Certificate
- Awards to the Top Overall Male and Female Runner
- Age group awards to top 3 male and female (14 & under, 15-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70 and over)
- Awards to the Top 3 Walkers
- Award to the Participant/Fundraising Team with the most donations
- Instant Results available at finish
- On-line Results
- High Quality Tech T-shirts (unisex sizes) guaranteed to all participants registered by 7/7/2021.
- Awards ceremony
- DJ Music at Start/Finish Line
- Post race refreshments
- Raffle Prizes
- Parking is available at the Joseph T. St Lawrence Recreation Center. Please arrive early for parking.
- Outside bathrooms are available at the Joseph T. St Lawrence Recreation Center.
- The course is not stroller friendly.
- There is no rain date. The race will be on rain or shine.
- Runners and walkers start together. Walkers will start at the back.
- There is a course time limit. You must finish within 1.5 hours time.
Your safety and health are our top priorities. This race will take place in accordance with NYS restrictions and guidelines. These measures will be communicated closer to the event in accordance with the applicable current guidelines and restrictions at the time of the event.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Proceeds from this race will be used to purchase and assemble Housing Start Up Kits for Homeless Families moving to housing after staying in a shelter.
Kits will be made to fit the specific needs of each family.
Housing Start Up Kits may include:
- New Dinnerware
- New Silverware,
- New Pots & Pans
- New Linens
- Small Appliances
- Cleaning Products
- Grocery Gift Card
Proceeds from this race will also be used to fund Advocating Hope. Inc's Healthy Families & Happy Childhoods support programs.
These programs include advocacy, parent support groups, educational programs and assistance with family resources.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.