Mother's Day is on! We're still working with COVID and we're going to follow the COVID protocols we've done for our last four races. The race will start and finish in FDR park, starting from lot 1. There are some things of which you should be aware:
- This race is for females only.
- We're only doing a 5k this year and the start time is at 8am! Moms never sleep. Or so we hear.
- Start and bib pick up at Parking Lot 1, please enter from the Taconic entrance at FDR Park.
- There will be bib pick on May 8th as well, 4pm-5pm, also in lot 1. There's a map at the bottom of the page.
- Because of COVID we're starting the race in waves, the first wave will be at 8am, with each wave starting in one minute increments.
- In registration we'll ask if there are people you want to start with or if you know your predicted time.
- This will be a different course than in past years to deal with some closures in the park and have the start and end of the race in the same place.
- Online registration only - no race day signup
- There is a limit of 200 runners total.
- You must wear a mask at all times except when actually racing.
- You must stay on the left on the roadway, and maintain a 6' distance from everyone not involved in the race.
- Unfortunately, food and drink, champagne flutes and mimosas, awards and the award ceremony will have to wait for next year.
- There is an updated waiver to sign acknowledging the additional risk implicit in COVID racing.
- Runners may not race with a dog. There are no exceptions. Please distance yourself from dogs that are being walked on the course.
- No strollers are allowed in the race.
- You will receive an email 2 days before the race with your wave and start time, and instructions for picking up your bib on Saturday if you would like.
There are some good details too!
- We're lowering prices and eating the runsignup fee - the cost is $18 for members, $20 for non-members.
- Pies as prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- We won't have age group awards. We will post age group winners on the website.
So sign up now! We'll get back to you to confirm your start time Friday night or Saturday morning The first gun is at 8am.