As the founder of Premier Races and Marathoners In Training (MIT), Jeff Glaze set in place the momentum to reshape our community as he inspired thousands to take the journey to complete their first 5K, half marathon and marathon. Jeff's greatest passion was enabling people from all walks of life to enjoy the benefits of running and walking. While the Central Ohio running and walking community lost one of its greatest ambassadors on April 17, 2014, Jeff's impact of his journey will not cease.
This summer marks the 20-year anniversary of MIT! While we may not be able to hit the roads and trails together, we know Jeff would be proud of Central Ohio's perseverance to continue moving forward during the COVID-19 pandemic. To celebrate 20 years we are celebrating the way Jeff would have wanted to, with an all-day, all-night run through whatever elements life has in store for us.
- What: 24-hour relay with 2-10 of your closest running buddies
- Race date: Saturday, September 26 through Sunday September 27
- Race time: 8:00am Saturday through 8:00am Sunday
- Where: Whever your team choses. There is no official route.
- Why: While we won't be able to host a true race due to the pandemic, we are encouraging you to form a team and run this together, while practicing social distancing of course! So, pick a friend, or group of friends and sign up!
- All teams must start at 8:00am on Saturday Septembert 26th, and the clock stops at 8:00am on Sunday, September 27th.
- Teams can have between 2 and 10 runners.
- Teams are responsible for planning their own routes, providing their own support, and practicing proper social distancing.
- Goal is for each team to log as many miles as possible with the 24 hour period, while also haveing a heck of a lot of fun!
- One member can be actively running at a time. You may have others along for the ride to provide support. But like any relay, one runner runs at a time, and passes off to the next teammate and repeats until the 24 hours is up.
- There is no set distance for each leg of your relay. Distances of each leg is decided by the teams.
- At the end of the 24 hours, team report their mileage, and results are tallied.
- The spirit of the event is to celebrate the life of Jeff Glaze, and the lasting impact he made on our running community. But, to add a little fun we will have fun awards (TBA) for teams logging the most miles (male, female, and coed), and best race day photos!
- We aren't asking for confirmation with GPS data or anything of that sort. This is intended to be fun. If your team cheats by claiming more miles than run we suppose that's up to you. If we see stats that are simply not possible we may ask for GPS data if we suspect a prize winning team of cheating. Please don't make us do this. Again, this is intended to be a celebration not a survival of the fittest!
All registered team members receive the following:
- Race tee
- Race bib
- Finisher medal
- Registration closes on August 31st at midnight.
Packet Pick Up
- Packets will be available to pick up at Fleet Feet Lewis Center, or FrontRunner Upper Arlington September 24th and 25th from 10am-8pm
- Optional shipping is available for $12.