In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
PACKET PICKUP AND RACE DAY INFO
It is RACE WEEK, and we are so excited! The weather is looking like it will be perfect; we couldn't ask for anything better for March in Oklahoma! We wanted to provide a few details for our event, so that everyone has a smooth race morning.
1) Packet pickup will be at OK Runner, 708 N. Broadway, OKC, 73102, from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Friday, March 24th, or on race day starting at 6:30 AM. You can also register for the race during packet pickup on Friday.
2) Race day registration will be from 6:30-7:30 at the park. Registration fees that morning will be $40 for the 8K, $45 for the 8 mile, and $70 for the double. We strongly encourage all participants to register before race day!
3) The address of Route 66 Park is 9901 NW 23rd, Yukon, OK, 73099. Please make sure you GPS doesn't change NW 23rd to SW 23rd! This has been known to happen!
3) Parking for participants will be on the south side of the park, to your right as you enter the park. Once the race has started, leaving and entering the park will be somewhat limited. We strongly encourage participants to park at the Alternative Sports Park directly to the west of Route 66 Park if you will need to leave immediately after the Fun Run or 8K.
4) The race start times are:
7:30 AM Fun Run
8:00 AM 8K
9:15 AM 8 Mile
If you are doing the Double, please know that you are chipped timed, so if you have not finished your 8K race by 9:15, your 8 Mile time will not start until you cross the start line after your 8K ends. Otherwise, all runners will start at 9:15. NO runners will start before 9:15!
5) All participants will get a shirt, but sizes are only guaranteed for participants who registered by March 6th. All 8K and 8 Milers will also receive finisher medals and mugs. Our Doublers will also get beanies!
6) We love dogs! Bring your leashed four-legged friends! We also welcome runners, walkers, strollers, and athletes of all ages and abilities!
7) Overall and age group awards will be given. Age group awards can be picked up after the races, near the timing trailer. All race times will be immediately available thanks to OK Runner.
8) Free pics, searchable by bib numbers and name, will be available after the race courtesy of the talent behind Okie Pics!
9) One of our favorite items! Pets and People of Yukon will have both their pop-up shop, and their van of adoptable pets out that morning! Just maybe you will meet your new best friend...
Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may still have. We look forward to an amazing race morning!
The Nate the Great 8 Race came about in response to a desire to keep the legacy of Nathaniel (Nate the Great) Hall moving forward.
Nate was a fiercely independent, kind, compassionate, and mature young man with a heart full of love for all living things. He passed away May 1, 2019, but he lived his 16 years well, and his family and friends loved him endlessly.
Nate truly believed in healthy living, and as a committed vegan he always searched for ways to support animal causes in our community. For this reason, Yukon’s Pets and People is our beneficiary for this year's Nate the Great 8 Race. Participants can participate in an 8 mile or 8K competitive and officially timed race, or enjoy the 8 minute fun run. Runners who need more of a challenge can compete in THE DOUBLE! Runners and walkers can participate in BOTH the 8K and 8 Mile races!! Doublers' 8 Mile race will start at 9:15 or whenever they cross the start line for the second time time, if they finish the 8K after 9:15.
8 minute fun run/walk 7:30 AM
8K run 8:00 AM
8 Mile run 9:15 AM
We welcome runners, walkers, strollers, and dogs on leashes; all in the inclusive spirit of our beloved Nate the Great.
Run/Walk Participant Registration is $20-$65 depending on event choice which includes an event shirt (sizes only guaranteed through March 5th) and medal!
Can’t make it on event day but want to contribute to the cause? Register as a VIRTUAL RUNNER! Virtual Runner registration is $30 which includes an event shirt, race medal, and shipping! Virtual Runner registration is available if registered by March 19, 2022.
RACE DAY SIGNUP WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL $5 PER EVENT.
FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT - ALL AGES & ABILITIES WELCOME
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.