Outrigger Canoe Race (OC1, OC2, OC6)
OC1 - $55/person
OC2 - $110/person
OC6 - $330/team
A cash prize will be awarded to the top OC6 division team with a minimum of three teams registered and participating on the day of.
For questions please contact Gabrielle Bardfield at email@example.com.
Outrigger Canoe Race Rules
- Racer Meeting at 8:30am at Stage Area
- Start time 9:10am. Be in the water ready to go well by 8:55am.
- Stay clear of Start Line until after Short Race has departed
- Display your Racer Bib - must be worn for timer
- Portable Flotation Device (PFD) is mandatory
- Race starts toward the open end of the basin, turn left at the Rusty Pelican and round Virginia Key. Ignore marks in basin, they are for the Short Race.
- Round Island to left. Once passing the North side of Virginia Key, you will see white “Do Not Enter” buoys. Keep them on your left. Pass around the large markabout 1.5 miles NW of Virginia Key almost to Port of Miami South Channel. Continue toward Miami River, round Brickell Key to left, return to Marine Stadium Finish Line.
- Don’t get disqualified for missing the NE Buoy
- Shallows are off limits. There will be a Committee Boat and Marine Patrol overseeing this area.
- Hazards: Watch out for the rocks at the points around the basin, the bridge shoreline, as well as possible fisherman lines off the bridge.
- Move out of finish line area to South (closed end of the basin) once you finish.
- Race with Aloha!