1) Is there a planned race map? The race will take place at the Race track at Lincoln Park.
2) What is the distance of the race: The distance will be decided according to their age group, please check the details below:
Special Needs Children – 50 meters or less
Born in 2015 - 50 meters
Born in 2014 - 75 meters
Born in 2013 - 100 meters
Born in 2012 - 200 meters
Born in 2011 - 250 meters
Born in 2010 - 300 meters
Born in 2009 - 400 meters
Born in 2008 - 400 meters
Born in 2007 - 400 meters
Born in 2006 - 400 meters
Born in 2005 - 400 meters
3) Is there a group discount? JCFamilies is a 501-c(3) organization and most of our events (15 to 18 events per year) are free for the Jersey City community and take place in public parks. However, in order to run this organization and these free events, we host a few paid events each year to ensure that we can meet our budgetary needs and cover our capital costs for the year. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer any special discount or deal to any kids or any organization during this event.
4) Why does the planned schedule is not showing now? We will be sending an email to all participants with the confirmed schedule of each age group race closer to the date
5) What happens when rain is scheduled for the day? The Kids SuperHero Run'19 is Rain or Shine. The registration fee will not be refunded if you are not able to attend the race. In case of severe inclement weather, the run might be postponed and parents of runners will be notified by email.
6) How to get to the venue? The race track is at Lincoln Park and free parking is available right next to the track. Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/rMgc7mxFxhFSXe1VA7) I registered, however I cannot attend the event anymore? Refund of the registration and transfer of registration to another child is not allowed.
7) I registered but I did not receive confirmation? If you registered and made the payment than you are confirmed. You can check your status at FIND A PARTICIPANT section at the registration page. If you have not yet registered and paid, do it now to save your spot.
8) Why is the run not being timed ? In the past, it was extremely challenging to accurately time the runs due to a variety of things: children not starting at the same time, children crossing the starting line before the beginning of the race, or children veering off course and not crossing the finish line.
9) Is the fee only for the child and not the parent? Can both parents attend the race with the child? The Registration Fee is ONLY for the child. Parents / legal guardians / viewers won't be allowed on the course before, after or during the run. There will be areas for parents / legal guardians / viewers to watch their little ones running and finishing the race. For any parents not following the rules, the child will be disqualified and no refund will be given to the family.
10) By mistake, I put my name (parent name) in the registration information. Is it possible to change it? No, the name cannot be changed.