2021 Summer Series Event #8 - July 26 at Gulf Terrace Hike and Bike
FREE and open to the Public 5K Run/Walk!
WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED via pre-registration signup, for EACH participant who will be on course, no matter the age. *spectators do not need to sign a waiver*
Rolling Waves starts for 2021: You have a 15 minute window to pick up your wrist band during your wave timeslot.
- No event shirts, timing, finisher medals or race bibs for coming to these free events
- All registrants will receive a wristband and must wear it for the duration of the event, while you are at race site.
- Not all of the Summer locations are shut down for our event. Be cautious and alert for motorists, and other runners/walkers/bicyclists not involved in our event.
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- Adequate water stops on course!
- No pets at our events - only medical assist animals
- EMS will be on standby at all of our events. Let us know ASAP if you are not feeling well, or need basic 1st aid.
- Follow the direction of any SRS volunteer
- Keep up with the latest information on each week's Facebook Event. This is where all updates regarding the event, are posted.
- Kids on foot or in stroller only. NO BIKES, SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS OR ANY OTHER TOY ROLLING DEVICES on course.
- Baby strollers are highly discouraged, as it is extra liability, per RRCA guidelines for safe running. If you choose to use a stroller, please indicate that on your registration, so we can be sure to send you the link so you can complete the separate Stroller Waiver.
- Bring a mask with you, as you will need to wear a mask inside Location Hosts buildings (Restrooms, if applicable)
- Be sure you receive the email confirmation from signing up. You should receive an automatic email within 5 minutes.
- keep to the RIGHT side of the course, unless you are passing someone
- The use of headphones/earphones is unsafe, and Sea Rim Striders actively discourages their use. Runners need to stay alert at all times, especially on courses that are not closed down to the public.
- Send any photos you take at this event, if you'd like us to include them in the final SRS pictures postings for the event. SRSclub.SummerSeries@gmail.com
- If you'd like to become a SEA RIMS STRIDER Member, we encourage online signups. Search SEA RIM STRIDERS MEMBERSHIP on RUNSIGNUP.com. Online signups will be available online every day 24/7, except for Mondays from 4pm - Tuesday at 10am.
- Please plug in the SRS emergency number, so you can contact us ASAP in the case of an emergency on-course: 409-781-8994
Please thank volunteers when you see them, and stop by our Sponsor tables and say hi and thank them for being a part of this great fun FREE event for the community!
Take extra care to get, and stay hydrated. Wear proper hot weather protection: running shoes, hat/visor, sunblock, sunglasses, etc...
Be a courteous and friendly Runner!
We are looking for Bike Marshals for our events! Please let us know if you can help: SRSclub.SummerSeries@gmail.com.