Welcome to RTC's OWS Season!
Hosted Monday's and Wednesday's weather and river permitting at Robious Landing Park
* If you are unable to attend the swim PLEASE cancel your registration so that we can have an accurate count of swimmers and can have the necessary water support *
1. Registration is for all active members ONLY. If you have not renewed your membership please go to https://www.richmondtriclub.com/join-or-renew
Each swimmer should seed themselves (fastest to slowest) Top of the Pack Wave 1 (6:05 pm start), Middle of the Pack Wave 2 (6:10 pm start), Back of the Pack Wave 3 (6:15 pm start)
2. Every swimmer is required to sign the onsite 2021 Waiver (last year’s is no longer valid) and the form will be available at check-in.
3. Every swimmer needs to SIGN in to the log book and list emergency contact person’s name and phone number.
4. There will be a safety briefing held on the dock before each wave goes out. Wave 1 starts at 6:05 pm. Wave 2 starts at 6:10 pm. Wave 3 starts at 6:15 pm
5. Swim Safety Buoys are required by ALL swimmers. They can be purchased online at Amazon. We have a limited number of Swim Safety Buoys and are first come first served. No Buoy=No Swim.
6. Bright swim caps must be worn by all swimmers. We will have a limited number available in case you forget to bring one.
7. After the swimmer returns, they must check themselves out of the log book. The Race Directors will call the emergency contact if the swimmer does not log themselves out.
8. All participants (swimmers and volunteers) are encouraged to sign up for Rained Out text notifications https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=7a1a66c9d13367fce645
* We recommend getting there early so that you have time to sign the waiver, get your swim buoy set up, swim cap, etc. *
** We need 4 Volunteer Kayakers and 2 SUPr's -- must be at least 18 years of age. All will be provided with PFD's (personal flotation devices). Must be comfortable having someone hold on to the kayak/SUP. RTC membership not required but encouraged. Waiver form completion required.
* If you are unable to attend the swim PLEASE cancel your registration so that we can have an accurate count of swimmers so that we can have the necessary water support *
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.