In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Sadly, our last weekly swim of the year is CANCELLED due to lack of swimmers.
** LAST WEEKDAY OPEN WATER SWIM IS 9.21.22 **
* We need a minimum of 8 swimmers and 3 kayak/SUP water support volunteers in order to have the swim take place.*
Swim registrations close at 3:00 pm the day of the event. Volunteer Kayakers and SUP registrations close at 5:00 pm the day of the event. Your name MUST be on the roster in order to participate due to safety and insurance purposes. Latecomers: Sorry but if you show up AFTER the 6:10 pm wave has started, we will not be responsible for your safety as the kayakers and SUP support travel up the river with the last wave. Thank you for your cooperation.
** PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS AND OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES *6 FOOT DISTANCE AND WEAR YOUR MASK WHEN YOU'RE NOT IN THE WATER. THANK YOU. **
1. Registration is for all active members ONLY. Your registration will NOT go through if you're not a member the day of the swim. If you need to renew your membership please go to https://www.richmondtriclub.com/join-or-renew
2. Every swimmer is required to sign the onsite 2020 Waiver (last year’s is no longer valid) and the form will be available at check-in.
3. Every swimmer needs to SIGN-IN to the log book and list emergency contact person’s name and phone number.
4. There will be a safety briefing held on the dock before each wave goes out.
5. Swim Safety Buoys are required by ALL swimmers. They can be purchased online at Amazon. We have a limited number of Swim Safety Buoys and are first come first served. No Buoy = No Swim
6. Bright swim caps must be worn by all swimmers. We will have a limited number available in case you forget to bring one.
7. After the swimmer returns, they must SIGN OUT of the log book. The Race Directors will call the emergency contact if the swimmer does not log themselves out.
8. All participants (swimmers and volunteers) are encouraged to sign up for Rained Out text notifications https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=7a1a66c9d13367fce645
* We recommend getting there early so that you have time to sign the waiver, get your swim buoy set up, swim cap, etc. *
** We need 4 Volunteer Kayakers and 2 SUP's -- must be at least 18 years of age due to insurance requirement. All will be provided with PFD's (personal flotation devices). Must be comfortable having someone hold on to the kayak/SUP. RTC membership not required but encouraged. Waiver form completion required.
Please be considerate, if you are unable to make the swim we ask that you CANCEL your registration by asking for a REFUND to allow other Club members to sign up.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.