In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Join in the Thanksgiving holiday fun with your friends at the Waynesboro Family YMCA on Thanksgiving morning. For more than 60 years, Waynesboro Family YMCA has continuously evolved to meet the changing needs of our community. At every opportunity, we've shifted our programs & our focus so the Y can continue to do what we do best: stand as an ally & a leader in community action & support. Because we’re way more than a gym.
There are important changes pertaining to COVID best practices and mandates. Please be aware that the 5K is limited to 250 participants and there is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION or PACKET PICKUP. Custom winter stocking hat and a commemorative neck gaiter for everyone. Can't join us on race day? Choose our "Virtual 5K" option and participate from anywhere! Proceeds support the Waynesboro Family YMCA.
IMPORTANT RULES & INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Please read below for important information concerning participation. Our goal is to practice social distancing and have to have a safe, fun event.
2. There will be no race day registration or race day packet pickup.
3. Participants are encouraged to bring their own hydration. There is not a water stop on the course.
4. 5K participants should participate in their assigned WAVE. The 5K event is limited to 250 participants. Please only arrive for your start time and leave the start / finish area immediately upon finishing.
5. Limited food will be provided after the event.
6. There will not be an awards ceremony race day.
7. Masks will be required when NOT participating.
8. Warm up and warm down activity will not be allowed in or around our start finish area.
9. Temperature checks will be required for everyone entering the YMCA.
10. We will flag off a large area to stage our waves between the start and the bikeway.
11. A small number of volunteers will assist with making sure runners follow our guidelines.
12. Please no spectators. There should be no group gatherings near our start or finish areas. Participants are expected to finish and leave the start / finish area.
5k Run & Walk - MAX of 250 participants
5K Wave 1 9:00am
5K Wave 2 9:05am
5K Wave 3 9:10am
5K Wave 4 9:15am
VIRTUAL 5k - RACE ANYWHERE / ANYTIME - NOVEMBER 26TH THRU NOVEMBER 29TH
ONLINE ENTRY Fee Deadlines: NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
5k Run & Walk $22 (thru Nov. 15th) || $27.50 (Nov. 16 - 25th) || NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
(NEW) VIRTUAL 5K Run & Walk $22 (thru Nov. 15th) || $27.50 (Nov. 16 - 29th)
Registration fees are non-transferable & non-refundable. An entry can only be used for the person registered for the entry. Entries cannot be deferred to the following year or a future event. If the event is cancelled due to weather credits and gift cards for the value of registration will be issued.
IMMEDIATE FAMILY PRICING:
Save $2.00 per entry when registering a family of 4-6 participants. Please select this option when registering. Available for all events thru Sunday, November 15th.
Finisher Medals to all. Custom designed mask for all participants.
PACKET PICKUP: (Waynesboro Family YMCA) NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP
Tuesday November 24th, 3-7pm
Wednesday November 25th, 3pm - 7pm
RACE DAY, November 26th, NO PACKET PICKUP / NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
CAN I HAVE MY PACKET MAILED TO ME?
You sure can! We are happy to mail your packet to you for an additional fee of $7.95. This mailing option can be selected during registration and is available to those registered by November 15th.
STROLLERS, DOGS & PETS:
We respectfully ask that for the safety of the event that pets and strollers line up in the back of the start.
Refreshments are available at the finish of each event. There is not a water stop on course.
TIMING & RESULTS:
All events will be timed for place. The 5k run and walk will use MyLaps disposable bib tag timing. This tag can be found on the back of your bib number.
VIRTUAL 5k RESULTS:
1. COMPLETE YOUR EVENT, anywhere in the world, Thursday November 26th and Sunday November 29th
2. UPLOAD YOUR RESULTS.
3. RECEIVE A FINISHER MEDAL!
Participants will have the ability to upload their result and/or participation, directly to our RunSignUp Results page or by text message.
Those participating in the Virtual 5K can race from anywhere at any time between Thursday November 26th and Sunday November 29th. Results are reported by the virtual participant to our Leader Board using RunSignUp. We are happy to mail your packet to you for an additional fee of $7.95. This mailing option can be selected during registration and is available to those registered by November 15th.
RACE NUMBERS SHOULD BE WORN ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT OR JACKET AND VISIBLE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT.
All finishers receive a FINISHER MEDAL. There are no competitive awards this year.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.