Shelburne, VT US 05482
Join us as RaceVermont.com hits the trail in the 4th Annual Sugarworks Trail Run at Shelburne Sugarworks and Four Season Outdoor Center. Choose to run or run/walk the 5K, or run the 10K (two loops of the 5K). The course is rolling - mostly through the woods on the beautiful trail system that Shelburne Sugarworks, but there is also a portion around a pond and also through the fields surrounded by Queen Anne's lace. There are no huge uphill runs, but it's not totally flat. Racers can present their race bib at Shelburne Sugarworks for a free hand crafted maple ice cream cone. Flavors are to be determined on race day. There is a 2-hour limit for this race.
The 2022 5K and 10K will follow the same route. The 10K will just do the loop twice. Click here to view the map.
Pre-Race Check In
LATE CHANGE: There will be NO pre-race pick up for this race. Check in will be open at 7:00 am at Shelburne Sugarworks. See you there!
This race will have a mass start at 8:00 am.
Where to Park
There will be NO parking at Shelburne Sugarworks in order to allow for plenty of space around racers and their fans. Instead, there will be ample parking just east of Shelburne Sugarworks at the practice fields for the Buccaneers. Look for the Shelburne Sugarworks sign at the entrance to the field. It's only a 4-minute walk to the sugarhouse from this parking lot, but please be careful walking. Walk as close to the edge of the road and stay alert. Directions to the race can be found near the bottom of this page.
Race Results & Awards
Preliminary race results will be uploaded to RunSignUp during the course of the race. Please do not disturb the timing team during the race so that they can focus on producing accurate results. You will also receive an email after the race with your results. If you have any questions about timing, please email email@example.com.
An awards ceremony will be held immediately after the race. First, second, and third place overall male and female winners of both the 5K and the 10K trail runs will each win a prize. These winners are disqualified from winning an age group award.
Age group winners will receive an "Age Group Winner" pint glass.
Immediately following your finish, present your race bib to Shelburne Sugarworks for a free, DELICIOUS, hand crafted maple ice cream cone. They'll punch the bib and return it to you. You may want to bring some extra money if you'd like to purchase syrup or any of their other maple goodies (or a pint of ice cream to take home).
T-shirts and Finisher Medals
We are pleased to offer a finisher medal for all finishers of this race. T-shirts are available at time of registration for $19. T-shirts are a super soft cotton/poly blend in both men's and women's sizes.
Should this race get cancelled due to extreme weather or by order of the governor or other government official, you will have the option to either defer your registration to next year's Sugarworks Trail Run, or transfer to another Racevermont.com race of equal or lesser distance. We do not offer refunds for unattended races regardless of who cancels the race, and transfers/deferrals will only be offered in the event that this race is cancelled.
It is every racer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with our Racer Rules. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Face masks are required for those who are not fully vaccinated through the start of your race, immediately thereafter, and any time you are within 6' of someone else on the course. This could be updated if COVID is no longer an issue.
- Please keep at least 6' of distance between you and anyone near you if you are not fully vaccinated. If at all possible, do not run directly behind the person in front of you. Keep to their right or left.
- Please keep as far right as possible if being overtaken by another racer.
- Parking is offsite for this event. Racevermont.com is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, so please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Please be on time and arrive no later than 15 minutes before the close of registration/check in.
- The use of personal music devices is discouraged but permitted. If you do decide to use your music device, please keep your volume low so you can hear our volunteers and/or timing team should they need to get your attention.
- Due to the terrain and narrow paths, baby joggers are not permitted at this race.
- Racers must be courteous to other racers, volunteers, race officials, and spectators at ALL times. Unsportsmanlike behavior will result in disqualification.
- Race numbers must be visible at all times, but especially when approaching the finish line. This is especially important for accurate race results as well as photo IDs. Please be sure your bib numbers are visible on the FRONT of you.
- There is a limit of 2 hours for this race. There will be no support on the course or timing after 11:00 am. If you choose to run after this time limit, you will be running at your own risk.
- NO BANDITS ALLOWED!
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.