Additional race information can be found at https://devilschallengetri.com/.
55975 Park Rd
Baraboo, WI US 53913
PACKET PICK-UP INFORMATION
Additional packet pick-up information can be viewed here: https://devilschallengetri.com/event-info/
The Wisconsin Triathlon Series is an annual series of seven races held throughout Wisconsin during the spring and summer months. All races in the series offer sprint distance, while the Wisconsin Triterium, Green Lake, and Tri-ing for A Cure Triathlons also offer an Olympic distance. Whether you are new to triathlons or have been doing them for years, we have a race that suits you!
The Devil’s Challenge Triathlon closes out the Wisconsin Tri Series! This scenic sprint tri in the middle of September is the perfect way to finish up your racing season. After a 1/4-mile swim in Devil’s Lake, challenge yourself with a hilly 15-mile bike ride through the beautiful Baraboo bluffs and a 5K run through the quiet park roads of Devil’s Lake State Park.
WHAT YOU GET
- Gender Specific Race T-Shirt (women's shirts are fitted and run small, refer to sizing chart at registration)
- Finisher Medal
- Professional Race Timing with Fast, Accurate Results
- Free Digital Race Photos
- Wave Specific Swim Cap
- Finisher Food
BODY MARKING / SWIM CAPS
After checking in, please go to the body marking area. Your race number will be marked on the leg and the arm. These markings are used to identify you at the start and end of the swim, as well as during the bike portion of your race. Race Day Events provides its participants with latex swim caps. The color of these swim caps denotes which wave you will be participating in. If you have a latex allergy, we encourage you to bring your own swim cap. The non-latex swim cap does not need to be the same color as your wave color, but if it is, that would be appreciated. If you do not have the same color, please alert the race official of your latex allergy before your wave enters the water.
- Overall awards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded to men and women.
- Overall awards will also be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd relay teams.
- Age group awards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded for each age group, men and women. Age groups are as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & above.
- Special award categories 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded to men in the Clydesdale category (men over 220 lbs) women in the Athena category (women over 165 lbs).
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- You MUST wear your timing chip on your ANKLE throughout the race. NO CHIP = NO TIME.
- All relay athletes will exchange the timing chip in transition.
- Racers and spectators must always follow volunteer and officials’ instructions.
- Transition will remain closed until the last biker has moved on to their run. No one will be allowed back in for any reason.
- DO NOT Litter. DO NOT abandon equipment.
- Headphones are allowed for the run portion of the race. They are NOT allowed during the bike portion of the race and are highly discouraged for the swim.
- Swim cap must be worn.
- Wetsuits may be worn.
- No fins, gloves, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind are allowed.
- BikeAthlete must wear a bike helmet at all times.
- All athletes need to mount/dismount the bike at the mount/dismount line.
- Obey all traffic laws while on the cycling course unless otherwise specifically directed by an official or law enforcement.
- Drafting is not allowed at any point during the race. Penalties and/or disqualifications will be given for drafting.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to know and follow the prescribed bike course. There will be no time adjustments for any reason.
- We do our best to mark large potholes, but please keep your eyes open and make smart decisions to avoid road hazards.
- All runners are required to wear a bib number and it MUST face forward at the finish line.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to know and follow the prescribed run course. There will be no time adjustments for any reason.
Wetsuits are mandatory in water temperatures less than 58º F. They may be worn in water temperatures up to and including 83.9º F. Wetsuits are prohibited in water temperatures greater than 84º F. Wetsuits cannot measure more than 5mm thick.
It is strongly encouraged to practice open water swimming prior to the event – with and without a wetsuit.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.