In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://hot2trotcottagegrove.org/.
Our goal is to give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC/Dane County social distancing and health safety guidelines. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time. Your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer this event. We have every intention of hosting in an-person event, but if we would have to transition to a Virtual Event, our goal would be to communicate this by May 1st.
* Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
* Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines at all times.
* Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior.
* All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
Registration and Assigned Start Times:
* Participants are encouraged register online in advance. There is no race day registration.
* Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
* Start Times for the race will be: 7am and every 5 minutes after for the half marathon; 7:30 and every 5 minutes after for the kids run; 7:45 and every 5 minutes for the 5K
* Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place: Friday, June 18th, 4-7pm at the Cottage Grove Fire Station. A drive through pickup will be in place.
* Line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before your designated time.
* Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area (Clark Street). You should approach the starting line ready to run.
* Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings/cones provided.
* Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start (all bibs will have a chip).
* The start line closes at 8am. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
* Aid Stations: A self-service water station will be available. However, consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the event.
* Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
* Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
* Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
* There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an in-person awards ceremony. Instead, a ‘Facebook Live’ virtual awards ceremony will take place at 11AM. Facebook: @Hot2TrotCottageGrove
* Kids race and half marathon participants will receive their finishing medals in their race bags.
* Awards for top 3 male and female 5K and half marathons will be mailed.
* Results will not be posted on site.
* Participants who opted in will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
* Results will be updated throughout the day on our Facebook page and at www.ItsRaceTime.com
Virtual Runners - Submitting Your Result
An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning June 19th you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to June 19th) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from June 19 - June 23. Final results will be available at the same link June 24.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Hot 2 Trot Run presented by Summit Credit Union.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Our Presenting Sponsor is Summit Credit Union. For additional information please visit: https://www.summitcreditunion.com/
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.