Join us rain or shine on Saturday, October 14, in person or virtually, for the UWM Panther Prowl 5K Run/Walk presented by the Alumni Association. The beloved campus tradition features a picturesque course that winds through campus and Lake Park in the prime of the autumn-color season. Whether you run, walk or stroll with us on the Upper East Side, or choose the virtual option to show your support from afar, you will be part of a campus legacy in the Panther Prowl's 19th year!
All proceeds benefit UWM student scholarships.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 | 10:00 a.m.
Schedule of Events
9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Registration and check-in
9:40 a.m. Toddlers' Dash (ages 5 & under), followed immediately by Kids' Dash (ages 6-10)
9:50 a.m. Welcome and National Anthem
10:00 a.m. Panther Prowl start
*Followed by post-race party and Panther Family & Friends Day activities
Dogs are welcome (and must be kept on a leash).
Parking in the Union lot is available on Saturday, October 14, for $3.
2441 E. Hartford Ave., Milwaukee
Included with Registration
- A UWM Panther Prowl-themed foldable tote and collectible race bib
- A one-year Milwaukee Magazine print subscription, limit one per household
- Post-race snacks from our sponsors
- Professional race timing with fast, accurate results
- Free race tracking with the RunSignUp app
- Age group award medals for top 3 finishers in each division
- Participants in the Kids' and Toddlers' Dash, sponsored by Abacus Marketing, will receive a race bib and finisher's medal (in-person event only)
Awards will be given to first overall male and female finishers.
Awards also will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84 and 85+
Participants in the Kids' and Toddlers' Dash will receive a finisher's medal (in-person event only).
The UWM Alumni Association presents two team awards each year. The Stan Stojkovic Team Fundraising Award honors the team who collectively raises the most money for UWM students in need, and the Largest Team Award, presented to the team with the most participants. Awardees receive both a trophy to showcase until the next year’s event and bragging rights, but the real winners are the UWM students who benefit from the generous support.
Be sure to select your team (or start a new one) during registration.
Virtual Prowl - Do the 5K Your Way
Participate in the Panther Prowl from anywhere in the world! You will receive a race bib, foldable tote and tech decal in the mail. Do the 5K your way while supporting UWM student scholarships! Last year some creative Prowlers decided to do an obstacle course or bike ride instead of a traditional run. However, you choose to Prowl, snap a pic in your UWM gear and celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media using hashtag #2023Prowl by Sunday, Oct. 15. You can also upload your race time and get a custom finisher certificate.
Run/walk Contact Info
Interactive Race Day Experience with RaceJoy
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the UWM Panther Prowl 5K Run/Walk 2023.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive continual progress updates as you complete your goal.
Live GPS Tracking
- Remote spectators can track your progress live in a map view. You can also track others.
- Receive supportive audio cheers from remote friends & family.
Virtual Results (virtual events only)
- Enter your race-assigned bib number to automatically submit your finish data for real-time scored results.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.