Additional race information can be found at https://www.visionleadsfoundation.com/.
Seymour, WI US 54165
A Clearer Future for Children
All proceeds will be used to give scholarships to children who need assistance paying for vision therapy.
Dr. Heinke’s Vision 5K Run/Walk is to assist children with the costs of Optometric Vision Therapy.
Dr. Heinke was an optometrist for 70 years in Wisconsin. Her love for helping others to have a clearer/brighter future started with her practice of vision therapy. She passed on February 2, 2021 at the age of 96. Today, we run/walk to keep alive the impact she had on so many lives by contributing to the Dr. Marilyn Heinke Fund through the Vision Leads Foundation to help support children with the cost of their vision therapy.
The Vision Leads Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization chartered in the state of Wisconsin for the purpose of accepting and administering donations to improve access to optometric vision therapy for the visual improvement and welfare of America’s citizens. Donations will fund grants, scholarships and programs to promote public awareness of and access to optometric vision therapy.
The Vision Leads Foundation Mission
- Provide vision therapy scholarships for patients.
- Support optometry students interested in optometric vision therapy.
- Create funding for research in the areas of vision and learning.
- Provide opportunities and resources for underserved children and individuals to receive vision therapy.
- Educate citizens to make informed decisions regarding optometric vision therapy.
- Increase general optometry's understanding of optometric vision therapy.
- Provide an avenue to record and disseminate the works of senior optometrists.
- Increase public demand for optometric vision therapy.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.